Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 328401 times)

bahn88

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #8700 on: 08-Jan-20, 20:02 »
off topic-has doddsy done ok with his dental Rx and Bali trip?-hope he didn't get caught in the Indonesia floods of a few weeks ago....

Mins Man

« Reply #8701 on: 15-Jan-20, 10:16 »
Has this one been up for sale before? It looks familar and is in nice condition.
I reckon just the exhaust out here in OZ would be worth the current bid of nearly 2400 bucks.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-honda-cl350-scrambler-3/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-01-14

Onetrack

« Reply #8703 on: 16-Jan-20, 10:43 »
I went to sleep dreaming before that link came up.

doddsy1000

« Reply #8704 on: 20-Jan-20, 22:07 »
Sorry I'm late getting back to you on my teeth guys.

I hit the ground running at both work & helping prepare for my daughter's wedding.

Bali was fun except for the teeth, but that was quite successful.  A lot of it went to plan & the few things that didn't were easily fixed.

That included me getting lost & going to the wrong place.  2funny

The do have anaesthetic and used it well on the first visit.  I could have used more on the second visit,, but the job got done.

I picked a place with their own dental lab to try & prevent lengthy delays & a repeat trip, which worked pretty well.

The made me some temporary crowns in 2 hours at the first visit & then sent me away for an hour on the second while the lab made a few adjustments to the real crowns.

For the week in-between visits, I hired a scooter & you'll be amused to know that my luck with breakdowns carries across the oceans of the world.   :crash:

The engine light came on, so the place gave me a different scooter.  lmao

While it was odd that the dentists all spoke Indonesian during both of my 2 hour plus visits, I wouldn't have heard them in English anyway so it didn't worry me.  2funny

So the next step is to see a local dentist for a checkup & see what opinion I get back from that.  (They might be grumpy).

Onetrack

« Reply #8706 on: 22-Jan-20, 09:30 »
For those that came in late.....

doddsy1000

« Reply #8708 on: 24-Jan-20, 17:40 »
SL175 was my first bike  2smitten 2smitten

Mins Man

« Reply #8709 on: 28-Jan-20, 12:54 »
That looks like a nice little bike Victor. I think you should buy it.

Mins Man

VC3

« Reply #8711 on: 29-Jan-20, 11:12 »
Yikes, that's a lot of $$ for a CT70....

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/mcy/d/damascus-1970-honda-trail-ct70/7063000109.html

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Mins Man

« Reply #8713 on: 15-Feb-20, 09:54 »
I've even found one for Doddsy.......a real bummer when you think about it. A guy buys a new Katana in 1985, rides it for 2K miles, goes to jail in 1986 and dies in prison in the 90's without ever riding it again.  2cry

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-suzuki-katana-750/?utm_source=dailymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-02-14

doddsy1000

« Reply #8714 on: 15-Feb-20, 15:31 »
That is a really nice machine.

Mine's the 650 Katana & awaiting restoration (one day, I hope).

The difference is that the 650 was the only shaft drive of the series & it never had the fairing.

Seagrass

« Reply #8715 on: Yesterday at 17:21 »
I recently purchased the hybrid CX650/500 (CX650 frame with 500 Euro motor) back from my mate Terry who had purchased it from me around ten years ago. Terry's health has made it nearly impossible for him to ride any more and the bike had only traveled 500Km's in the last two and a half years.

My intention is to put it on historic rego this week and as the weather was nice today I thought I would take it for a ride up the Putty road to Greygums cafe and then back home, a trip of around 160Km's. I did this same ride last weekend on my NT700 Deauville as it is a nice ride to do on a motorcycle.

Today's ride was one of the best I have had in quite a long time. The bike ran well for most of the trip, after not wanting to rev beyond about 5,500 when I left home (I had already warmed the bike up). I really enjoyed NOT being behind a large fairing that blocks all the wind. Being in the wind was actually quite pleasant and I am sure I will be taking this CX on more rides as the time allows.

This CX has a Marzocchi rear mono-shock and it handles very well in the twisty corners of the Putty road. Cruising at the speed limit was quite easy although it does lack the torque of my NT700 and CX500 Turbo when climbing extended hills.

When I got home I drained the oil from the engine and rear final drive and treated the CX to new oil all round and I even greased the pro-link suspension via the grease nipples I installed some years ago. I will need to overhaul the rear master cylinder as the rear brake is a bit soft and I might even treat it to some fresh fork oil too.

I am looking forward to spending more time on this bike in the future.

Seagrass

doddsy1000

« Reply #8716 on: Yesterday at 17:59 »
We are apparently still allowed to ride for "exercise" reasons, so it's good to see you're out.

I hope the bike stays as enjoyable for years to come.  :2afro:

white knight

« Reply #8717 on: Today at 06:11 »
In contrast,I drove into the village (first time in 3 weeks),put on my mask and gloves,used the sanitiser at the entrance to the supermarket,did the shopping,paid by Paywave,sanitised on exit and drove home-Such is life in Alcatraz at the moment.

Seagrass

« Reply #8718 on: Today at 07:48 »
Good to know you are safe Chris

Seagrass

Onetrack

« Reply #8719 on: Today at 09:30 »
But it is a beautiful and quiet Alcatraz Chris.

muzza

« Reply #8720 on: Today at 14:52 »
An Alcatraz led by fools and enforced by an increasingly militaristic police force

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal