Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today? (2011)  (Read 342030 times)

Mins Man

Re: What's happening today? (2011)
« Reply #750 on: 05-Dec-11, 22:21 »
It's actually a GL700 Wing, complete with cast iron weights in the fairing pockets.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #751 on: 05-Dec-11, 22:25 »
Aah, hokay.   rolleye0012

Steve

« Reply #752 on: 05-Dec-11, 23:32 »
What's happening today?  Hmmm... finding out that my fan has stopped working somewhere along the line, temp got up relatively high while I was stuck in some traffic, once I (conservatively) hit the open road it came back down to normal.  Well, there goes my next few afternoons chasing that down!

hamilton

« Reply #753 on: 06-Dec-11, 07:18 »
Staffy,I had the same overheat problem,fan blades in the bottom of housing,just hub left! epoxied blades back on with 2 pk screws on each blade,cant feel any vibration,forgot to say i milled out an anular recess between alloy hub and rim on which blades attached to and filled this with fibre glass and resin which gave the screws something solid to bite on,still got plenty of glass  and resin if you need some.

Staffy

« Reply #754 on: 06-Dec-11, 07:57 »
Not me Hamilton, it's Steve that has the issue here but thanks for your generous offer anyway.  happy0062

Steve

« Reply #755 on: 06-Dec-11, 08:45 »
I've got an electric fan, so it's more likely to be an electrical fault than mechanical. I blew the fuse on the manual override the other week, found a short that caused that, but the fan was still running fine, so it's just going to be a wire-chasing, problem solving exercise

Seagrass

« Reply #756 on: 16-Dec-11, 19:49 »
Just finished painting the rear deck this morning (about 27 square metres).

I took advantage of the extra daylight hour that daylight savings gives us southerners, and I cleaned the rear deck with my high pressure washer after work on Thursday.

When I purchased the cabots decking oil during the week I also purchased a decking oil mop and it is so much quicker. With over 65 square metres of decking to do every little bit helps happy0158

This afternoon I will clean the front deck and then maybe paint it one evening this week after work

Seagrass

I did manage to clean the front deck/verandah on December 6th and then the weather in Sydney decided to turn against me.

So I finally got the front deck oiled this evening after work happy0158

Seagrass

CX PHREAK

« Reply #757 on: 16-Dec-11, 19:50 »
Onyer Seagrass.  happy0158

Onetrack

« Reply #758 on: 16-Dec-11, 23:05 »
Spent all day playing with a Nissan V6 automatic gearbox that will not shift into top gear overdrive at less that 100 kmh and light throttle.  Haynes manual useless.  Suspect interlock switches on gear selector.  More to do.

"Young" Les F

Seagrass

« Reply #759 on: 17-Dec-11, 08:29 »
Spent all day playing with a Nissan V6 automatic gearbox that will not shift into top gear overdrive at less that 100 kmh and light throttle.  Haynes manual useless.  Suspect interlock switches on gear selector.  More to do.

"Young" Les F

Les,

Some auto gearboxes will not select overdrive if they think the engine is not up to operating temperature and there is an additional water temp sensor just for this purpose.

This does not sound like your problem but it may be worth checking out

Seagrass

doddsy1000

« Reply #760 on: 17-Dec-11, 10:07 »
Hey Les, I've always wanted to ask you if your "Talk" converter is adjustable?

lmao lmao lmao

(That's a Dad joke, they aren't supposed to be funny)  2embarassed

Onetrack

« Reply #761 on: 17-Dec-11, 10:28 »
Hey Les, I've always wanted to ask you if your "Talk" converter is adjustable?

lmao lmao lmao

(That's a Dad joke, they aren't supposed to be funny)  2embarassed

Can I have another twist on that?

Nah not really will stick with the only setting and that is "650's are great".

Les,

Some auto gearboxes will not select overdrive if they think the engine is not up to operating temperature and there is an additional water temp sensor just for this purpose.

This does not sound like your problem but it may be worth checking out

Seagrass

Have had all the temp sensors out of the engine and tested them , OK.  Tested the flow meter, OK.  Checked the oil levels engine and gearbox OK, checked filters engine and gearbox, OK.  Checked ignition timing, all electronic OK.  Checked the "Power/Normal" override switch , OK.  Now looking at the gearbox interlock mechanism switch - this tells the electronic thingy which gear position has been selected by the driver eg park, reverse, drive etc, the 6 switches in this mech have varying resistances from 5 to 1,000 ohms and I suspect they should all be the same .  This switch is not available in Australia but ex Japan and $181.oo to buy, also seems impossible to remove without breaking it.

"Young" Les F

Seagrass

« Reply #762 on: 17-Dec-11, 11:37 »
Les,

My mechanic tells me Nissan have been having trouble with their electronic gearboxes especially in the All Wheel Drive models like the X-trail. Maybe you have come accross one of these problems rolleye0012

Seagrass

Onetrack

« Reply #763 on: 17-Dec-11, 12:11 »
This thing is a problem and maybe this forum should not spend a lot of time on it.  The Nissan in question is a 2 wheel drive 1994 ute.

"Young" Les F

hamilton

« Reply #764 on: 17-Dec-11, 12:40 »
Les,sometimes the thyrostrat in the automatic sensigear needs syncrophrasing,hope that helps.

Onetrack

« Reply #765 on: 17-Dec-11, 12:44 »
That was as clear as the Haynes manual.  :gaah:

"Yong" Les F

hamilton

« Reply #766 on: 17-Dec-11, 13:04 »
Les sorry for that crap,but just had a thought,a few years back i had a customers 91 Camry getting harder to start  each day,the engine temp switch that controlled the cold start injector had 39 ohms resistance when cold ,the system assumed the engine was hot at over 40 ohms and so the injector didnt operate,the book said under 40 engine cold ovr 40 hot,a new switch was $300 plus and the owner balked at that so as not to introduce a fault of my making i cleaned and tightened the spade connectors and said " no fee" Well wouldnt you believe it the connections were the fault and all i got was "thanks"! so after all this all i can say is clean the connectors ,that Camry was low mileage OLD Ralph

Onetrack

« Reply #767 on: 17-Dec-11, 13:12 »
Yes, found several grotty connectors and cleaned them all to no avail but am persuing the interlock switch with its varying resistance.
Think I like motorcycle gearboxes and carburettors a whole lot more now.

"Young" Les F

Staffy

« Reply #768 on: 17-Dec-11, 19:47 »
The only thing motorcycle related about today is:

a) It was way to wet and windy and hot and muggy and generally queenslandish and awful down here to ride anywhere, and
b) I had my last exam for the year so I've finally got the chance to focus on other stuff like the Bastardwing and Esme.

Onetrack

« Reply #769 on: 17-Dec-11, 19:51 »
Staffy, the Nisson work above is related to borrowing a truck to move a pile of CX parts (about 4 pallets and 4 bikes).  Therefore it could be considered "motorcycle related"

"Young" Les F

CX PHREAK

« Reply #770 on: 17-Dec-11, 20:04 »
Parts aquisition is an important task Les.  happy0065

Staffy

« Reply #771 on: 17-Dec-11, 20:07 »
Staffy, the Nisson work above is related to borrowing a truck to move a pile of CX parts (about 4 pallets and 4 bikes).  Therefore it could be considered "motorcycle related"

"Young" Les F

Hope you're not thinking I'm having a dig mate 'cause I sure ain't.

Merely lamenting at the lack of bike time that has been achieved today.  Mind you, it was the better half's birthday today so i'd be likely to be reprimanded in the underwear region with a sharp knife if I disappeared for a two wheeled expedition  rolleye0012

CX PHREAK

« Reply #772 on: 17-Dec-11, 22:39 »
 Pulled my carbs, cables and right hand control switches today as I've been getting the odd 'miss' on the starter button .

I've been getting around without a functional killswitch too.

I'll be fitting a pair of accellorator pump carbs for a while. The set that have been on it don't like to stay in synch for very long. The shafts were bent when I bought it due to it's unique camshaft and waterpump modifications. They've also been fluffing just a little, occasionally on a tiny throttle opening or blip.
 Think it's a dirty low jet in one of them.

It's getting a better set of carb boots too. Mine are cracked, though not all the way through.

Throttle cables have been cleaned out with cheap WD spray and are hanging, receiving a blast of Inox now and then.

I'm just finishing up reassembling the switchgear now. Stuffed full of dielectric grease this time.

Fitted the new braided lines courtesy Wary and bled up with new stainless bleed screws and rubber caps.

Lever is good but I've tied it back overnight and I'll see if some more air can't be pumped out tomorrow.

My wife's birthday's in the middle of the year.   rolleye0012

Staffy

« Reply #773 on: 17-Dec-11, 23:54 »
You're gonna love those braided lines Mark  cr@sh

CX PHREAK

« Reply #774 on: 17-Dec-11, 23:57 »
May get the ignitec fitted tomorrow, and the LED battery monitor.

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal