Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 323698 times)

CX PHREAK

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #25 on: 18-Jul-11, 12:36 »
 Make sure to wear pants when you're testing the seats Onetrack.   lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #26 on: 18-Jul-11, 17:27 »
went to work - had beef casserole for lunch - now at home and just spent 50 minutes on the phone with Optus - mostly on hold - to tell them to shove their internet and landline - I can get it half price through TPG... and the mobiles will go next....

Staffy

« Reply #27 on: 18-Jul-11, 17:50 »
Built a stool - legs, foam, the works - killed my angle grinder in the process.

Staffy

« Reply #28 on: 19-Jul-11, 12:04 »
Came home from work crook.  Might go out in the shed and see if I can finish up these LED's.

Rayman

« Reply #29 on: 19-Jul-11, 13:31 »
umm more work -

got some plastic to make up a couple of covers for bits of NO2 yesterday at lunch - was too cold and tired to go out into the shed last night -

ordered tyres for the sabre -
have day off thursday looking after kids so will whip the wheels of and take them down to get the sport demons put on thursday morning.

Rayman

CX PHREAK

« Reply #30 on: 19-Jul-11, 18:27 »
 Made my soda blaster, blasted and finished cleaning and reassembling 1  650 carb [except for the 'O' rings required for the mixture and drain screws]. Now to work out how the accellerator pump on the other carb comes apart - haven't dismantled the accel pump type before.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #31 on: 19-Jul-11, 18:56 »
rode to work - it was cold - just got home - got wet riding home - cold too....thawing out in front of the heater real soon.

Wolfrider

« Reply #32 on: 19-Jul-11, 20:14 »
Finally got my clutch replaced, as well as a new clutch cable, and fixed the oil leak from the sump plug, so hopefully nothing else goes wrong, taken over 3 weeks to get back on the road, bloody collared nut.....

doddsy1000

« Reply #33 on: 20-Jul-11, 08:26 »
I'm becoming a polishing freak  happy0065 happy0065

Lots of work that I did on the CB900 is coming back off to be the victim of my new polishing skills  lmao

I'm still not as good as the guru's  :grandpa:

white knight

« Reply #34 on: 20-Jul-11, 08:58 »
Well it wasn't actually today,it was Sunday-but-had to go to the big city on family business and visited an old mate who restores British bikes,mainly BSA.Last time I was down he had a Gold Star (500cc single for you youngsters,very famous and quick road racer) in many pieces,he had just finished the resto and made a beaut job.So,guess what I rode on Sunday morning?Nothing quite like the sound of a Gold Star climbing up through the gears on suburban streets on a Sunday morning fietsertour-WK

doddsy1000

« Reply #35 on: 20-Jul-11, 09:19 »
WK, I'm jealous!  2shocked 2shocked 2shocked

ACE

« Reply #36 on: 20-Jul-11, 13:43 »
Built a stool - legs, foam, the works - killed my angle grinder in the process.

VEERY REGAL looking seat there Staffster! MY workshop seat usually doubles as an engine stand, sawbench, ladder, coffee table etc, so methinks your lovely soft and comfy red velvet might get a bit oily in my workshop..commooon, be a man and cover it with laminex or plywood like the rest of us hardarses! happy0194
ACE

Staffy

« Reply #37 on: 20-Jul-11, 17:56 »
VEERY REGAL looking seat there Staffster! MY workshop seat usually doubles as an engine stand, sawbench, ladder, coffee table etc, so methinks your lovely soft and comfy red velvet might get a bit oily in my workshop..commooon, be a man and cover it with laminex or plywood like the rest of us hardarses! happy0194
ACE

It's got ply - under 4 inches of foam  rolleye0012

I'm gonna give the legs a coat of black epoxy on sunday. I may even put some gold leaf on there to make it more regal  2funny

Well it wasn't actually today,it was Sunday-but-had to go to the big city on family business and visited an old mate who restores British bikes,mainly BSA.Last time I was down he had a Gold Star (500cc single for you youngsters,very famous and quick road racer) in many pieces,he had just finished the resto and made a beaut job.So,guess what I rode on Sunday morning?Nothing quite like the sound of a Gold Star climbing up through the gears on suburban streets on a Sunday morning fietsertour-WK

Also jealous.  Gotta love an old british thumper.

Willy

« Reply #38 on: 20-Jul-11, 22:44 »
Mrs Magoo just got me a personnel trainer, been to fitness club tonight and lost 33grams party0024 don't think it's really what a 60 yar old  :grandpa: should be doing but we'll give it a go for a while. Very hard trying not to seem obvious looking at the eye candy though. rollingpin0.gif

ACE

« Reply #39 on: 20-Jul-11, 23:33 »
Cuzin' Willy...goodonya! happy0159
ACE

doddsy1000

« Reply #40 on: 21-Jul-11, 08:18 »
Very hard trying not to seem obvious looking at the eye candy though

That's what your 60 years of experience is for  happy0065

My story goes more like " I owe, I owe, So off to work I go"  lmao lmao lmao

Staffy

« Reply #41 on: 21-Jul-11, 09:26 »
Day off  cool0010

Help the little one get all his toys away (still in boxes from our move) to make way for the new bed in his first "own" bedroom.

Get more stuff in the roof and move a few guitar amps into the walk in robe .

Get a pot roast in the oven.

Time permitting, get out to the bike and make a start on replacing the leaking washers in the bottom of the fork legs and the leaking banjo bolt washers in the front brakes.

Cook garlic peas to go with the roast.

I'm looking forward to 3, 4 and 5 the most.

Rayman

« Reply #42 on: 21-Jul-11, 10:48 »
day with the kids
so far
take 3 wheels off to get tyres,
did some cosmetic covers for battery and underseat electrics on no 2

drop in on CX phresk with cab bits

shopping
movie with kids
bowling with kids

pick up wheels
refit wheels

food shopping
make chicken casserole
house cleaning
washing

Rayman

doddsy1000

« Reply #43 on: 21-Jul-11, 12:03 »
Wow.  That's a busy day!  happy0158 happy0158

Onetrack

« Reply #44 on: 21-Jul-11, 13:49 »
Not CXing to-day, this is what I would rather do than spannering.  Finishing of making this little cabinet.  Will be finished this arvo after giving it a good shellacing.

"Young" Les F

doddsy1000

« Reply #45 on: 21-Jul-11, 13:53 »
beautifully done Les.  happy0159

I'm not even going to suggest any 650 parts to store in it  happy0159

You clearly have a talent for timber work.

Onetrack

« Reply #46 on: 21-Jul-11, 14:03 »
Thanks Doddsy, has only taken about 2 weeks so far, retirement helps.  I would love to polish some 650 parts, carbs, valve covers, brake calipers for example or even some of my model trains and put them on display in this little cabinet but SHMBO has a previous booking.   lmao

Maybe I could surreptitiously make a much larger one and put No.2 650 on display in the lounge, now that would be fun.

"Young" Les F

Staffy

« Reply #47 on: 21-Jul-11, 14:19 »
Beautiful work Les.  I'd love to try my hand at some timber work some day, but hopefully before retirement.

Onetrack

« Reply #48 on: 21-Jul-11, 14:28 »
Thanks Staffy, modern tools do make it much easier to maintain accuracy but studying the old methods of construction and design styles is still necessary.  Just like keeping old motor cycles on the road there is a lot to learn.  Here is a pickie of a much better use of the cabinet after the shellacing.  Don't tell SWMBO or :duel: with the inevitable result will occur.  By the way my 650 parts are in an equally pretty cabinet that I made but without the glass.  (The source of 500 germs still here are just in a box well separated from anything else).

"Young" Les F

Rayman

« Reply #49 on: 21-Jul-11, 19:19 »
nice work there les !

ok - completed most -
didnt do the bowling - as the shopping was extended and the girls were done
didnt get to CX phreaks  as when I remembered we were about to collect the wheels and head home -

got the rest done -
wheels all mounted.

Rayman

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal