Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Waste gate tool by Dr Don  (Read 3458 times)

Onetrack

Re: Waste gate tool by Dr Don
« Reply #25 on: 05-Dec-09, 11:38 »
Les, With a name like that, I'd be going out to the airport, and looking/asking around the light-aircraft hangars for a contact.

Dr Don, Thanks for your reply. Cairns airport is the largest airport outside a capital city and the 5th busiest in Australia and also an international terminal, there are hundreds of business there, anyway I have finally contacted Olwesty, he was out of mobile range, something very easy in the deep north and am hoping to meet up with him this arvo.  It did not help when I copied the name of the distributor incorrectly.

Les F

Onetrack

« Reply #26 on: 05-Dec-09, 14:11 »
Managed to catch up with Olwesty to-day, I have a bottle of Mouse Milk in hand, don't let the glue sniffers know about this stuff or it will be banned by the paranoids. It has the distinct smell of plastic glue, the solvent may be similar.  Olwesty has the rest of the bottles and is returning to the south to-day. Must investigate a leagal and cheep way of transporting this.

"Young' Les F

hdconyers

« Reply #27 on: 05-Dec-09, 15:43 »
Les,

as a dangerous goods trainer I know there is very little way to transport this legally in these small quantities.

The stupid thing is I could easily get a quote for a tanker load [35,000L] and the cost per Litre including transport to Melbourne would be tiny.

Onetrack

« Reply #28 on: 05-Dec-09, 19:43 »
Hdconyers

Yes, it might not be simple but Cairns is a hub for transport to PNG, Torres Strait, the Pacific and remote Queensland.  If I can't get it transported from here it can't be done.  Judging by the requests there is a demand and if no other way I can bring some to Cowra.  Comes in boxes of 12x8 oz bottels for about $150.00 a box.  Thats about $54 per litre, I will investigate other quantities for dispensing as this stuff might be good but $54 per litre it is still an expensive material and not to be used willy nilly.  In the past I had access to a penetrating oil for testing porosity of aluminium and iron castings (yes I was playing with British "machines' then), it was regarded as so cheep it was used by the gallon and I never kept any.  Wish I had it now like so many other things.

Will keep you all posted.

"Young" Les F

phantomcxmenance

« Reply #29 on: 05-Dec-09, 19:50 »
well done les, expensive stuff

hdconyers

« Reply #30 on: 05-Dec-09, 19:59 »
The reality is that it's no more dangerous [Class 3 Flammable liquid] than Shellite, Acetone, Thinners etc, that are carried at almost standard rates by general [packaged] freight companies all around Australia.

Clearly air freight [IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations] make it near impossible to ship that way. I will make some enquiries with a contact at Tolls NQX transport where I have a contact, and we may be able to get some parcels to say Sydney and/or Melbourne.

Harold

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal