Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: CX650 Changing vacuum petcock to normal  (Read 238 times)

rosed777

CX650 Changing vacuum petcock to normal
« Started on: 06-Feb-21, 20:33 »
My, new to me, CX650C is so hard to start and only fires on the left cylinder. Just trying to put as much in my favour as I can. Any reason to not change the vacuum petcock for a normal type? Not done this before - can I just use any normal petcock?

Seagrass

Re: CX650 Changing vacuum petcock to normal
« Reply #1 on: 06-Feb-21, 20:57 »
You can use any non vacuum petcock that has the correct thread OR you can convert your current tap by reversing the spring and diaphragm positions in the tap.

We have found that the best way to get these engines to fire up on both cylinders is to turn the fuel tap off before arriving home. This allows the fuel level in the carbies to fall below normal level before you stop the engine.

Next time you go to start the bike, turn on the fuel tap first and this will allow fresh fuel to enter the carbies. With fresh fuel the engine typically starts up on both cylinders immediately or after just a few seconds.

Seagrass

rosed777

« Reply #2 on: 06-Feb-21, 21:20 »
Thanks very much Seagrass - that's this mornings jobs sorted out. Going to do the starter motor mod too....

rosed777

« Reply #3 on: 07-Feb-21, 02:29 »
& look what I found......
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]    [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

Seagrass

« Reply #4 on: 07-Feb-21, 07:55 »
Looks like that tank will need a good clean out and possibly some tank re-liner like POR-15.

Seagrass

muzza

« Reply #5 on: 08-Feb-21, 04:07 »
did you pull the internal filter straw out and clean it as well?

Onetrack

« Reply #6 on: 08-Feb-21, 07:42 »
Pull the internal filer out with care as they are very expensive from Mr. Honda.  If you don't remove it it will be destroyed when you clean the inside of the tank

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal