Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 732 times)

bahn88

What's happening today?
« Started on: 01-Jan-21, 08:09 »
Happy 2021 all the best to all

Seagrass

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #1 on: 01-Jan-21, 09:14 »
Happy New Year to one and all.

Seagrass

VC3

« Reply #2 on: 08-Jan-21, 18:07 »
Hope Oz and NZ are off to a better start to the New Year than the US.......as I said in an earlier post, I live in Crazyland.  The inmates were in control yesterday.  Very sad day for my country.  2cry  Not to mention embarrasing.   2embarassed

white knight

« Reply #3 on: 09-Jan-21, 05:07 »
Certainly did not look good on TV here Victor but pleased to see in later broadcasts that things seem to have settled to somewhere near normal.Best of luck for the future.

Onetrack

« Reply #4 on: 09-Jan-21, 07:22 »
We are not meant to talk politics here but this is an event with world wide consequences, just 11 days before the final fall.  Trump will orchestrate an event the like we have never seen before and of course blame someone else.  Things just have to get better.

muzza

« Reply #5 on: 10-Jan-21, 04:43 »
You have to be mindful of the way in which the entire news media has portrayed Trump in the worst possible light all the time. He may be an idiot , but he has acheived far more in one term than any of his predecessors for many years . You just dont see it because of the extreme media bias.

If you all think the US will be better off with that senile old fool they have elected you are about to be disappointed. Biden will be rolled within six months and then the real show will begin as big business flexes its controll and the leftist doctrines start becoming real.

I fear for my many friends in the USA - its bad enough here in the democratic peoples republik of new zealand.

VC3

« Reply #6 on: 10-Jan-21, 07:38 »
We are not meant to talk politics here but this is an event with world wide consequences, just 11 days before the final fall.  Trump will orchestrate an event the like we have never seen before and of course blame someone else.  Things just have to get better.

I hope you're wrong, Les, but I agree with your concern.  With the US leadership in chaos and not synched up with allied nations, China, Russia and Iran may be thinking of something unfortunate.  Now would be the moment for China to move on Taiwan for instance.  Iran recently seized a S. Korean tanker and S. Korea sent a destroyer with and anti-piracy force aboard to the area, creating a dicey situation.  Lord only knows what Vladimir is contemplating but I'd guess "western" military forces are all on some level of heightened alert.  I've read that Australia and China are already in some sort of tiff.....interestingly some cities in China don't have enough coal to fire generators and have gone dark off and on due to Australian coal supplies being cut off by Bejing.  Strange times, a long way from "normal" for any of us.

Onetrack

« Reply #7 on: 10-Jan-21, 12:36 »
You have to be mindful of the way in which the entire news media has portrayed Trump in the worst possible light all the time. He may be an idiot , but he has acheived far more in one term than any of his predecessors for many years . You just dont see it because of the extreme media bias.

If you all think the US will be better off with that senile old fool they have elected you are about to be disappointed. Biden will be rolled within six months and then the real show will begin as big business flexes its controll and the leftist doctrines start becoming real.

I fear for my many friends in the USA - its bad enough here in the democratic peoples republik of new zealand.

Media bias indeed, with Trumps friend Murdock in charge of most of it how could there be any bias?  And as for senility it would not be a first see Ragan and LBJ for example, almost a requirement.  You would think with a voting population of over 150 million people they could find at least one intelligent, educated person to lead the place.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #8 on: 10-Jan-21, 12:45 »
 :nyah:

bahn88

« Reply #9 on: 10-Jan-21, 15:04 »
Ideology aside...I would think governments should be assessed on what they accomplished...
A prime minister here took Automatic weapons off the streets after several massacres.....
I know medicare, and previously "free" education made Australia be seen as somewhat of a utopia (yes know many Scandinavian countries offer this)...

Tho I have my own political leanings....I see some good in both locally.

Can understand VC3s concerns tho.....

muzza

« Reply #10 on: 10-Jan-21, 18:44 »
Mate - lets be upfront here - you never had automatic weapons on your streets. Full auto firearms have been off-limits in Australia and NZ for so many years you couldnt count them. What John Howard did to law abiding firearms owners in Australia is exactly the same as that moll running NZ into the ground did here.A huge knee-jerk reaction to a problem that didnt exist.  The real problem is firearms owned by the criminal fraternity , who police - yours or ours - are too scared to do anything about so lets kick the crap out of the law-abiding guys who will just roll over and comply.

Sorry - its a pet hate of mine .

bahn88

« Reply #11 on: 10-Jan-21, 20:45 »
The guns used in criminal acts prior to the tightening of gun laws were Russian rifles, and a poorly functioning carbine (used as a single shot)-so yep not fully- Autos..
Was trying to be tactful...and not mentioning the politicians specifically.....

Moving away for the fire-arm debate....the other side gave us universal health care (Medicare) and enabled many to attend Uni via free/HECS (vs upfront payment...)

The point I was trying to make was governments are remembered for what they do...not ideas that go nowhere....

cheers (and this is not an argument but rather friendly discussion....) 2wink

Onetrack

« Reply #12 on: 11-Jan-21, 07:52 »
Mate - lets be upfront here - you never had automatic weapons on your streets. Full auto firearms have been off-limits in Australia and NZ for so many years you couldnt count them. What John Howard did to law abiding firearms owners in Australia is exactly the same as that moll running NZ into the ground did here.A huge knee-jerk reaction to a problem that didnt exist.  The real problem is firearms owned by the criminal fraternity , who police - yours or ours - are too scared to do anything about so lets kick the crap out of the law-abiding guys who will just roll over and comply.

Sorry - its a pet hate of mine .

Just look at the situation between Canada and the USA, the death rate caused by gun usage is hugely different and so are gun ownership laws, time to get back to CX ownership and their uses.

bahn88

Re: What's happening today?_Part 1
« Reply #13 on: 11-Jan-21, 13:51 »
Back to bikes..
I use P.O. Box Plus...that has allowed all carriers thus far to deliver to the local post-office....(including heavier freight such as tool lockers)

Just got off the phone to TOLL, ?to someone off shore, trying to get my helmet visor delivered....now need to email JCW/Helmet warehouse for an authorisation for it to be left at the Toll collection point just down the road..its gone back to Rowville.(as undeliverable).. 2tickedoff 2tickedoff

bahn88

Re: What's happening today?_Part2
« Reply #14 on: 11-Jan-21, 18:57 »
So ring up the helmet warehouse....the only offer of help is to "redirect it" for $46...they did suggest getting a Uber to pick it up from Rowville, even after I said its 2hours away- but I figure 198kms of uber might be worth more then the helmet visor.....

So back on the phone....to the offshore operator.....who asks for a photo of the package...which is a bit difficult as i haven't sighted it yet!!!!.......
(yes I know they have a checklist...and I remained perfectly civil)

2tickedoff

to be continued....

Onetrack

« Reply #15 on: 11-Jan-21, 19:07 »
I am waiting for a parcel being sent from Sydney to Cairns via "Fastways Couiers" They provide a tracking system that is now showing my parcel going the fast way via Melbourne and ready for delivery from Melbourne! After all it is only 3,000 ks away.  Modern efficiency indeed.

bahn88

« Reply #16 on: 11-Jan-21, 19:14 »
Fastway is no more.....now Aramex...so previously a NZ company now a Dubai one......

Onetrack

« Reply #17 on: 11-Jan-21, 20:52 »
I am glad they changed their name as they were never all that fast. Sydney to Cairns via Melbourne is not the fast way.

bahn88

« Reply #18 on: 11-Jan-21, 20:57 »
lol...
I'm in rural Vic ...FWIW:
Qld to me usually comes in 2 business days by Australia Post express.

Same for Adelaide.

Sydney to me 4 to 5 days.... :dontknow:

bahn88

Re: What's happening today?-part 3
« Reply #19 on: 11-Jan-21, 21:02 »
After emailing the offshore customer service, they have advised me to contact the seller again....who wants a $46 redirection.
Even Australia post doesnt deliver to my residential address....its left for EVERYONE at the local post-office/takeaway shop....WTH... :angry0:

bahn88

Re: What's happening today?-Part 4
« Reply #20 on: 20-Jan-21, 19:06 »
For those interested Toll customer service did nothing and RTS (returned to sender).
I asked the seller via email to let me know my options and charges....but they seem hesitant to put this in writing..
Suppose ill be charged at least the 30% restock free....  2sad

Mins Man

« Reply #21 on: 28-Jan-21, 10:04 »
Now come on Victor, how can you resist this little beauty?
Right size, right price and not too far away.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-honda-pa-50-moped/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-01-27

Mins Man

« Reply #22 on: 29-Jan-21, 10:47 »
The old saying is correct.....you only need 2 people to make an auction work.
US$9100 (nearly 12K of our Pesos) for a CT110 is amazing and as one person commented "better than money in the bank."

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1983-honda-ct110-trail/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-01-28

white knight

« Reply #23 on: 30-Jan-21, 06:02 »
Why not buy two brand new ones for the same money? Doh

muzza

« Reply #24 on: 31-Jan-21, 04:52 »
and the new ones are 125 cc as well.

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal