Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Tappet Adjusting Screw - Can Anyone Please Help?  (Read 299 times)

Barocca

Tappet Adjusting Screw - Can Anyone Please Help?
« Started on: 20-Dec-20, 17:43 »
I have carelessly lost one of my tappet adjusting screws (in the engine) and am urgently seeking a replacement.  Can anyone help me with a spare one so that I can get the bike finally back on the road?  (I was doing my first head bolt re-torquing when I lost the little boogah). 
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

bahn88

no spare here unfortunately.. i'm sure others will come to the rescue... but I think they are still commonly available...

what id be more concerned about is you mention its "lost in the engine".......
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

Seagrass

I have some here in Sydney BUT you should be able to get one from your local Honda dealer quicker than the post from Sydney to Perth.

Send me a PM with your address if you need me to send you one.

Seagrass

Barocca

Have ordered one from the dealer.  I regret I panicked earlier after having been previously quoted 5+ weeks delivery on some motorcycle parts, and in the knowledge that the holiday season could only make that worse.  I researched the part and found that it is not CX-specific, but is fitted to many Honda engines.  Sorry.  Moderators are welcome to delete the post and hide my shame.   2embarassed

bahn88

fully understand what you are saying...trying to get my CB750 finished.....and non -in stock parts are being quoted at 16 weeks via local supply chains... 2cry...via boat not the usual 6 weeks..

good luck....hopefully the local Honda person is quick....

Dragonstaff

non -in stock parts are being quoted at 16 weeks via local supply chains... 2cry...via boat not the usual 6 weeks..

I got Goldwing parts from Partzilla in the US in two weeks just before Christmas, when the locals quoted 12 ex Japan...

Barocca

Good advice, thanks for that.  Parts all fitted and bike is humming along.

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal