Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Circuit diagram never seen.  (Read 748 times)

Dr Don

Circuit diagram never seen.
« Started on: 24-Sep-16, 17:05 »
When I bought my 1982 CX500 Custom in 1997, I thought it would be easy to get a manual and wiring diagram for my bike (TAI and auto camchain tensioner, plus twin piston calipers and twin disc front end).
The Clymer manuals are no use for the electrical wiring diagrams as the American Custom bikes did not have lighting switches at all.
The Haynes manuals are no use either, as the only British Custom imported was the USA 1982 Custom, and all other Customs mentioned are of American origin.
My bike has a formal Australian ADR plate, and the bike has CX500C(US) imprinted on the ADR plate.   However it is NOT the US Custom, as they had leading-axle front forks (my forks are standard in-line axle forks, with 449 imprinted on them), and my bike has the standard type of lighting switch for CXes.
The closest wiring diagram that I can find is the CX500EC diagram, but that has a few extras like a fuel guage, and auxilliary power outlets.
I have been looking for a wiring diiagram for my bike for all of the 19 years I have owned it, but never come across one.  Has anyone seen one, please?

VladTepes

Re: Circuit diagram never seen.
« Reply #1 on: 26-Sep-16, 16:11 »
Yeah same issue here.

kazdeluxe

« Reply #2 on: 06-Apr-20, 19:17 »
revised this as i used the diagram out of an old clymer manual with much success .the old harness was a dogs breakfast on my 82 custom but with new fuses & diode in place(diode was cut out of it)alls good.

Kathy

« Reply #3 on: 08-Apr-20, 18:08 »
I posted a link to a zip file containing the Wiring Diagrams for Australian CX500s and CX650 in January 2015.

Seagrass

« Reply #4 on: 08-Apr-20, 18:57 »
That link no longer working, get a "forbidden" error message when trying to download the file.

Seagrass

Onetrack

« Reply #5 on: 08-Apr-20, 19:03 »
"Error 403: You are not allowed to view this site" when I try the link.

I guess the site is protecting me from CX500 germs.  NoNo

Kathy

« Reply #6 on: 08-Apr-20, 22:41 »
That link no longer working, get a "forbidden" error message when trying to download the file.
"Error 403: You are not allowed to view this site" when I try the link.

I guess the site is protecting me from CX500 germs.  NoNo
Minor issue with access file that controls file downloads - fixed!

kazdeluxe

« Reply #7 on: 09-Apr-20, 09:42 »
thanks Kathy .

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal