Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: coolant  (Read 64 times)

gm

coolant
« Started on: 08-Nov-20, 16:31 »
Hi Gurus
I hope you are all well.
I know there has been a lot said on the forum about coolant and what is the most appropriate type.  A while ago I took down the names of a few products only to find the manufacturers had changed, ceased manufacture or "improved the product".
I can't remember which ingredients were good or bad.
I have found a product by Penrite, a premixed, with demineralised water, coolant ( which boasts being a type A anti freeze/boil cooant - Amine, Phosphate and Silicate free ......also ideal for motorcycles.....And its green in colour.
Does this sound like it might do the job?
GM

Kathy

Re: coolant
« Reply #1 on: 08-Nov-20, 17:43 »
Hi Gurus
I hope you are all well.
I know there has been a lot said on the forum about coolant and what is the most appropriate type.  A while ago I took down the names of a few products only to find the manufacturers had changed, ceased manufacture or "improved the product".
I can't remember which ingredients were good or bad.
I have found a product by Penrite, a premixed, with demineralised water, coolant ( which boasts being a type A anti freeze/boil cooant - Amine, Phosphate and Silicate free ......also ideal for motorcycles.....And its green in colour.
Does this sound like it might do the job?
GM
@gm

I changed to Nulon One just over a year ago as it's suitable for all my liquid cooled bikes : see https://australiancx.asn.au/forum/index.php?topic=15543.msg156057#msg156057

Also, with pre-mixed coolant check the ratio - you need a 50/50 mix and many pre-mixed coolants only have 33% coolant.  Plus you need to consider whether or not you may ever need anti-freeze as many coolants don't have any anti-freeze.

gm

« Reply #2 on: 08-Nov-20, 22:26 »
thanks Kathy
good to hear from you

gm

« Reply #3 on: 09-Nov-20, 15:35 »
Thanks again Kathy
The link opened up an in depth discussion on the subject.
The Penrite coolant was an anti freeze anti Boil but you were correct it was indeed only 33% concentration.
Sydney doesn't have that many frosts or below zero days but there are rallies to colder climates and the weather has been more than a bit weird here lately. 
gm

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal