Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Second hand / cheap tyres for RWC  (Read 97 times)

DanielKoerichRocha

Second hand / cheap tyres for RWC
« Started on: 26-Aug-20, 15:48 »
Hey Guys, I am getting my 1980 CX500 Shadow to roadworthy condition so I can get it registered here in Victoria before I start my cafe racer build. The tyres are 20 years old so the rubber is pretty hard atm. I have been told that old tyres like these could give me problems to get a roadworthy certificate. Did anyone had any experience with similar situation? I am going to go for other sizes for my build so buying new tyres just to get the piece of paper signed seems like terrible waste of money (considering I already wasted a bit of money on other things to get this RWC) . I am considering getting some second hand tyres at the reckers or something but do anything now with this restrictions in place. Anyone got better ideas? cheers

bahn88

Re: Second hand / cheap tyres for RWC
« Reply #1 on: 27-Aug-20, 11:30 »
Hey Guys, I am getting my 1980 CX500 Shadow to roadworthy condition so I can get it registered here in Victoria before I start my cafe racer build. The tyres are 20 years old so the rubber is pretty hard atm. I have been told that old tyres like these could give me problems to get a roadworthy certificate. Did anyone had any experience with similar situation? I am going to go for other sizes for my build so buying new tyres just to get the piece of paper signed seems like terrible waste of money (considering I already wasted a bit of money on other things to get this RWC) . I am considering getting some second hand tyres at the reckers or something but do anything now with this restrictions in place. Anyone got better ideas? cheers

Didn't Burt Munro just apply some (Kiwi) shoe polish to bring those old tires up to spec?or maybe just movie folklore.

Seriously-wreckers might be the go if they wont be ridden on (beyond reg) as long as those tyres havent been ridden square etc...

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal