Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Air / Fuel Mixture Threaded  (Read 471 times)

wmmason

Re: Air / Fuel Mixture Threaded
« Reply #25 on: 26-Jan-21, 18:03 »
On the LHS carby it's 36AQI9 (can't see it on the right as it's obscured by the bike)

wmmason

« Reply #26 on: 26-Jan-21, 18:58 »
It was hard to make out the no. Does that one make sense?

CX PHREAK

« Reply #27 on: 26-Jan-21, 19:03 »
No.

But that's OK .... none of them do. I'll see what I have.

By the way, the thread is 6 x .75. I found it earlier in this thread.

wmmason

« Reply #28 on: 26-Jan-21, 19:05 »
Yeah I bought all the tap gear and helicoil, with the thought of tapping. If I'm going to get a new carb body I thought I might give it a punt, all the kit only cost 30 bucks or so. Thanks for taking a look

wmmason

« Reply #29 on: 27-Jan-21, 19:27 »
Hey guys,

I just checked the fitment of the threaded a/f screw boss with a fresh a/f screw. And it just spins, I can push it almost all the way, and easily pull it out. It feels like the oring is still in there though. Luckily one of the members here has some of those carbs. So big shout out to @joethebike , who's willing to part with them for a case of ginger beer ;).

@CX PHREAK - I've pulled apart a carby from my old man's ct200 - which was pretty straightforward. If I'm planning on pulling apart one of these carbs, and replacing the body, do you have any tips, or recommended reading prior to beginning the work?

Cheers

Will

CX PHREAK

« Reply #30 on: 27-Jan-21, 19:41 »
I don't generally tout for jobs but in all honesty I think your best course of action would be to send both sets of carbs to me. I'll ultrasonically clean them, check them and fix what ails them. You'll get a usable set and some spares back.

They are a bit more complex than a CT carb but if you are determined to DIY I will give you all the help that I can.

wmmason

« Reply #31 on: 28-Jan-21, 08:20 »
That sounds like a plan to me! Yeah i've heard theyre very complex - let me send you a PM and we can discuss. Thanks again

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal