Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Clutch pressure plate & other parts  (Read 119 times)

laurencemartin2500

Clutch pressure plate & other parts
« Started on: 14-May-20, 00:48 »
Hey,
Need a new clutch pressure plate, one of the 4 posts has broken (part number 22350-390-000). Or do people now get them mig welded? any alternative tips to this bummer of a situation?
looking for places that can supply the bits honda has finished producing.
living in Brisbane, Cx500C Custom, 1982.
Cheers my dudes

Mins Man

Re: Clutch pressure plate & other parts
« Reply #1 on: 14-May-20, 10:04 »
While I'm certainly not an expert, I would think that because it's made from a cast alloy mixture it wouldn't be able to be successfully welded. Better to find a replacement one IMO.

VC3

« Reply #2 on: 14-May-20, 11:45 »
Too bad international postage is so dear these days - I came across this on CL, dirt cheap for what's there:

https://olympic.craigslist.org/mpo/d/carlsborg-honda-cx-500-parts-complete/7110882362.html

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Onetrack

« Reply #3 on: 15-May-20, 09:28 »
I have got one here for sale, not sure if it is a 650 or a 500 part.  The posts are 33mm tall.  The 650 part and the 500 part are not interchangeable although they do look very similar.

You would have worked out by now that this part is easily damaged by incorrect dismantling, Loosen the bolts by going round and around turning the bolts two turns at a time.  Reassembly the same way.  I collected a number of these pressure plates from wrecked engines in a barn find many years ago, most of them 500's, knowing that this damage can happen and that they would be wanted sooner or later.

"Young" Les F

Onetrack

« Reply #4 on: 18-May-20, 07:10 »
 :bump: Did you find one?

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal