Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today? (2020)  (Read 7240 times)

Seagrass

Re: What's happening today? (2020)
« Reply #375 on: 23-Dec-20, 17:01 »
I was spending some time recently at Peter Stevens and had a look at the Honda 125. It's definitely an improvement on the 110 model with better brakes etc. but it's pricey as Chris says. It got me thinking that for less money I could have a Suzuki Burgman 200 which is faster with more storage and is a real step through.

I'll be interested what this bike goes for as it's an excellent restoration and very collectable.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-honda-cb750-3/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-12-20

A Burgman, Harry?  Really?  A Burgman?  :2scared:  Cephas - can you organize an intervention to talk sense to him?

No point Victor, you know the saying about old dogs and new tricks rolleye0012

Seagrass

white knight

« Reply #376 on: 24-Dec-20, 07:34 »
A word on scooters for Harry-a last attempt to talk him out of it
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

white knight

« Reply #377 on: 24-Dec-20, 07:37 »
Try again Chris -nah-wont work-sorry Harry.

Mins Man

« Reply #378 on: 24-Dec-20, 09:52 »
That's OK Chris....I'm a big boy, you can tell me.  BlahBlah
I really never thought that I'd ever consider riding a scooter, but then I never imagined that I'd end up riding a Can Am Spyder either.
The bottom line is that if I want to ride something for longer than 5 minutes it has to be comfortable.

VC3

« Reply #379 on: 24-Dec-20, 17:48 »
That's OK Chris....I'm a big boy, you can tell me.  BlahBlah
I really never thought that I'd ever consider riding a scooter, but then I never imagined that I'd end up riding a Can Am Spyder either.
The bottom line is that if I want to ride something for longer than 5 minutes it has to be comfortable.

If you're going to buy a scooter at least buy one that isn't as ugly as a Burgman.  Yech!  And get one with bigger wheels - if you want a more stable ride.  Aprilla, Piaggio and People (Kymco, I think) all make scooters with decent power and taller wheels.....and their aesthetics aren't bad, either.

jhovel

« Reply #380 on: 24-Dec-20, 21:53 »
Merry Christmas everyone! Let's hope 2021 is less memorable and more exciting!

Cheers,

Joe

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal