Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today? (2020)  (Read 5897 times)

Mins Man

Re: What's happening today? (2020)
« Reply #350 on: 15-Nov-20, 10:21 »
Yes Chris, make the most of it while you can. We have the same problem over here with the Great Ocean Road.
I'ts a favourite with bike riders but is really popular with tourists too, so it creates some problems sharing the road.
We also have some trouble with the Maroondah Hwy just out of Melbourne which is really popular with bikers. So what Vicroads does is lower the speed limit so it's harder to overtake trucks and caravans and have Cops hiding in the bushes with their radar gear and wearing camo clothing notifying their mates down the road if you break the speed limit while overtaking or put a tyre on the double lines.  :well:

white knight

« Reply #351 on: 16-Nov-20, 06:01 »
In a moment of distraction I ended up watching Motorbike Cops on TV the other night-Sydney based show-I could not believe how heavy the fines were for speeding,cellphone usage etc-good on them,here in Unzud its a slap on the wrist with a wet bus ticket,nearly every second driver you see has a cellphone stuck to their ear,scarey stuff.

Mins Man

« Reply #352 on: 19-Nov-20, 09:12 »
I've found a lovely little bike for you Victor. A bit pricey I'll admit, but it's only got 200 odd miles on the clock.
What could be a better adventure than flying down to Arizona and riding it home?  fietsertour

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1986-honda-ct110-5/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-11-18

Seagrass

« Reply #353 on: 19-Nov-20, 13:49 »
I am slowly fixing minor problems on my 500 Euro and as often happens, one thing leads to another and more gets done than the simple fix where it all started.

I had the carbies overhauled by CX Phreak (who does a fantastic job) and on the test ride the bike was close to overheating. This problem turned out to be the fan temperature switch in the radiator (this bike has a 650 radiator and electric fan). I ordered that part and while waiting for the “slow boat from China“ I have removed the clutch cover and replaced the clutch plates (the clutch in this bike was always “grabby” at idle and finding neutral was often a chore).

I have also painted the radiator surround and oil filter housing and I will install the polished clutch cover, radiator sides and rocker covers as I progress. I will also install new radiator hoses, thermostat and check and adjust tappets as necessary.

Hopefully when finished it will not be overheating anymore rolleye0012

Seagrass

CX PHREAK

« Reply #354 on: 19-Nov-20, 14:22 »
I gather the modded ACVs are working as intended Cephas?

Seagrass

« Reply #355 on: 19-Nov-20, 14:49 »
I believe they are working OK. When I get it back on the road I can have a longer ride to confirm all is working as it should be.

Seagrass

CX PHREAK

« Reply #356 on: 19-Nov-20, 15:11 »
Cool. The shape of the working end on many aftermarket ACVs don't match the profiles of the originals and can't possibly work the same given an equal vacuum signal.

Mins Man

« Reply #357 on: 22-Nov-20, 09:40 »
OK Victor, you can't go past this one. It's perfect for someone who's not in a hurry to get anywhere but want's to look cool while doing it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1978-honda-pa50-hobbit/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-11-21

Seagrass

« Reply #358 on: 23-Nov-20, 20:07 »
The Euro project is moving along nicely now. The thermo fan switch I ordered from eBay has been lost in transit due to incorrect addressing by the seller and incompetence by Australia Post. The seller entered an ABN number after my street address and before the suburb and post code which upset the Australia Post automated system and resulted in the package being returned to the Sydney processing centre which processes parcels from the sellers country.

Unfortunately the seller cannot retrieve the item from the processing centre and Australia Post cannot either so it will sit at the processing centre until it is eventually destroyed. The seller has “dug in” and is refusing to ship me a replacement order advising it is Australia Posts problem and Australia Post have “dug in” and are not accepting responsibility due to the parcel being incorrectly addressed. The irony is that even though it was not correctly addressed, Australia Post sent me an email and SMS advising it was on its way AND their tracking shows it was going to my address (my address as recorded in their own delivery system).

So after more research I actually found out the switch was used in Honda Civics and Datsun 120Y’s in the early 1980’s and is readily available from parts stores. I ordered one on Sunday and picked it up and installed it today.

I have now opened a dispute with PayPal as the item was never delivered to me and is marked as “return to sender” by Australia Post. Hopefully PayPal will refund me the purchase price as technically the item has been returned to sender.

The Euro should be back on the road shortly.

Seagrass

muzza

« Reply #359 on: 24-Nov-20, 04:17 »
Im pleased that your postal system is as dysfunctional at times as ours. I was thinking this level of hopelessness was a local issue but maybe its actually global.....

Mins Man

« Reply #360 on: 26-Nov-20, 10:04 »
Wow! An amazing little bike restored to better than new by the looks of it.......unfortunately it comes with an amazing price too.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-honda-ca77-dream-touring/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-11-25

Onetrack

« Reply #361 on: 26-Nov-20, 13:48 »
I'm pleased that your postal system is as dysfunctional at times as ours. I was thinking this level of hopelessness was a local issue but maybe its actually global.....
There is nothing systematic about it, it is just random.

Mins Man

« Reply #362 on: 27-Nov-20, 10:45 »
Didn't like the red one? How about a blue one then? It's considerably cheaper at the moment.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-honda-ca78-dream-305cc/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2020-11-26

bahn88

« Reply #363 on: 29-Nov-20, 08:09 »
There is the CX Z00M, today the 29th, at 12noon Vic time....
details here:

Topic: CX500 Garage Meet Up (Americas and Australia/New Zealand)
(All are welcome)
NEXT MEET UP: 28 Nov 2020
Time: Every other Saturday, 07:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada), beginning 11/28/2020
Please use your forum username as your display name in Zoom.

https://zoom.us/j/93546648948?pwd=bjQ1RTAwU01IQ0dVTnN0ZlZVYmtiQT09

Meeting ID: 935 4664 8948
Passcode: ___ (What component does a pre-'82 stock CX have, but a GL doesn't? (3 characters, all caps)

bahn88

« Reply #364 on: 29-Nov-20, 18:19 »
just changed the wheel/tire on the wife's car (falcon).slow flat due to a pop rivet (shank)..must be getting old the backs sore now.... 2embarassed

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal