Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: COVID-19 Official Information  (Read 387 times)

VladTepes

COVID-19 Official Information
« Started on: 16-Mar-20, 11:29 »
A thread where people can post links to OFFICIAL information on the Corona Virus situation. 

FACTS are more important than conjecture.

WHO - SITREP
World Health Organisation daily situation reports can be found here  (domestic and world info)
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/
shows infections, deaths and various other stuff.

AUSTRALIA

Official Department of Health COVID-19 Information page
https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert#symptoms-and-when-to-get-tested
Advice on what to do, and general information.

bahn88

Re: COVID-19 Official Information
« Reply #1 on: 26-Mar-20, 14:56 »
To be rid of COVID-19 by July-90% compliance to social distancing is needed, so Its important that we continue to do so.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Chuckley

« Reply #2 on: 07-Apr-20, 23:12 »
Do you think people will be able to maintain the discipline for that long?

Onetrack

« Reply #3 on: 08-Apr-20, 06:53 »
Anyone can get it, even Boris. Ignore the advice at your peril.   :crash:

bahn88

« Reply #4 on: 08-Apr-20, 12:57 »
Do you think people will be able to maintain the discipline for that long?

That graph is somewhat dated (several weeks old)-the "best scenario" at 90% self-isolation (3months) was the prompt for many of the current restrictions.
The modelling is changing all the time (and usually suggesting that the virus will be around for a while.......) 2sad.

People need to realise what's happening in the U.S. and U.K. can easily happen here.and maintain that discipline

VC3

« Reply #5 on: 09-Apr-20, 12:32 »
Yeah.  Obey the isolation rules.....they really worked (so far) in Washington State (once they got started) and in California....out East things are apocalyptic in NYC and the surrounding region.  By tomorrow (if not before) the US will have over a half-million cases with likely hundreds of thousands untested.  Our government blew it....

All of you take care.....

VC3

bahn88

« Reply #6 on: 11-Apr-20, 18:40 »
Government mis-management isn't restricted to the U.S., Victor/VC3

In respect to "Vlad" the forum (thread) starter I'll try to keep this factual....

Many cases in Australia (and several deaths) have been traced to premature dis-embarking of cruise ship passengers here (e.g. Ruby Princess)-a lot of buck-passing has ensured-now the subject of criminal investigation....

Now to my Opinion:
I strongly believe in the resolve of the American people-and believe you'll get through this-you may however like us here, re-evaluate what you look for in future political leader priorities/policies once the end of the tunnel is reached.

Stay safe and all the best

doddsy1000

« Reply #7 on: 12-Apr-20, 00:07 »
Good luck Victor.

I hope the isolation works where you are.

The U.S. are in the news for being slow, but there are many other countries largely ignoring the virus & not even having the facilities to test for it making the global numbers less accurate.

We'll be talking about this one for a while yet.

VC3

« Reply #8 on: 12-Apr-20, 04:43 »
Hi Bahn and all....

"Now to my Opinion:
I strongly believe in the resolve of the American people-and believe you'll get through this-you may however like us here, re-evaluate what you look for in future political leader priorities/policies once the end of the tunnel is reached."

I hope - and think - you're correct, we'll get through this but it has exposed many,many weak links in our systems that need attention and we are seeing needless suffering and deaths which are the result of downright governmental incompetence.

You may rest reassured that we've been re-evaluating what to look for in a future leader for over three years.... rolleye0012 ......and its starting to look like that might be within reach..... happy0065

The number of new cases and deaths overall in the State of Washington where I live has slowed considerably after being the US original epicenter.....and out on the Olympic Peninsula where my town of Sequim is located, there are only a few cases - one was just down the street from us, though, a woman who evidently went over to Seattle during the worst of the early outbreak.  Doh  Sequim is located in Clallam County and there have only been 11 confirmed cases, no deaths, over half those confirmed cases have "recovered" (but we have very limited testing abilities).  We aren't going out at all except to pick up prescriptions at the drive-through window at the pharmacy.....and to pick up groceries at Walmart....(they have online ordering and an outdoor pickup area).  We also use Instacart, a grocery shopping service.   Oh, and Sue goes out to work in her gardens....

We're managing.  I hope all of you are as well.

Take care, be safe and be well....

Victor

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal