Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Motorcycle Hydraulic Lift for CX500C  (Read 214 times)

PearTreeCX

Motorcycle Hydraulic Lift for CX500C
« Started on: 26-Feb-20, 06:10 »
Does anyone have any knowledge on what is the best suitable Hydraulic Lift for a CX500C, I've seen Lifts with an attachment for a Side Stand, they look unstable and dangerous. An Engine Mount Lift, would be suitable, so as to have Wheels free to work on.
Easier to Clean and Maintain while having the Machine at a safe level. :crash:

J.C.

Re: Motorcycle Hydraulic Lift for CX500C
« Reply #1 on: 26-Feb-20, 06:53 »
I used an inexpensive ATV lift and a couple of lengths of wood or steel to make the top properly flat... after using a 3-tonne trolley jack and a block of wood for years. ATV lift was much more stable.

Onetrack

« Reply #2 on: 26-Feb-20, 08:54 »
There is a motorcycle lift sold by Repco- it proved to be hopeless  Too tall when in lowest position and very unstable in lift position.  Not able to remove engine whilst on lift as lift works under the engine not the wheels.  A platform lift is required for a CX (probably most bikes).
"Young" Les F

PearTreeCX

« Reply #3 on: 01-Mar-20, 12:54 »
Thanks for the Information. The ATV Lift looks more of a Stable and safer alternative, easier to use as well, making it less accident prone when lifting anything of considerate weight. happy0159

VC3

« Reply #4 on: 01-Mar-20, 13:25 »
I've used several types of lifts that raise the bike under the engine and wouldn't suggest using one to lift a bike very high, too easy for it to fall over.

Best lift I've owned is this one - you probably have a similar brand in Oz....this one is sold in the US by Harbor Freight Tools, it often goes on sale for $299 US and worth every penny.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Dohboy

« Reply #5 on: 01-Mar-20, 21:50 »
Would the ABBA Skylift work with the cx model?  They do a comprehensive kit that does a fair few bikes.

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal