Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Need Help, running out of ideas  (Read 616 times)

Onetrack

Re: Need Help, running out of ideas
« Reply #25 on: 24-Feb-20, 21:03 »
I once spent hours trying to diagnose an ignition fault on a CB750, until I moved the kill switch to the correct location.  :stupidme2:

Highside

« Reply #26 on: 24-Feb-20, 21:21 »
Ha Ha Onetrack, It's starting to be a bit frustrating.

I have already checked that, when I had the Ignitech plugged into the computer for the second time it occurred to me, and went back to the shed just to check it was in the run position.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #27 on: 24-Feb-20, 21:40 »
Unplug the killswitch .... just as a sanity check....

Highside

« Reply #28 on: 27-Feb-20, 19:32 »
Hi All,

CX PHREAK, I have tried it with the kill switch disconnected but made no difference.

I am starting to think the Ignitech Sparker and the Rae-San HALL Effect are not compatible and not communicating with each other. 

While reading through the information for the Ignitech DCCDIP2 version 105, I found it states the inputs for position sensors comes in 5 different versions, there are 4 versions for inductive sensors and the fifth variant is for HALL sensors or optical sensors (Marked HALL ).   Later on in the text under Crankshaft Position Sensor, it states "on request, we can deliver inputs for HALL sensors.

I bought the Ignitech Sparker before buying and installing the Rae-San HALL effect pick ups, so I think I have a version for Inductive Sensors.

I have sent a email to the supplier of the Ignitech Sparker to find out if it is compatible with the Rae-San HALL effect and if not, If it can be exchanged for a Version that is compatible.  I am still waiting for a reply.

J.C.

« Reply #29 on: 28-Feb-20, 06:57 »
Did you buy the Rae San kit part number CX_HALL_IGN-S?

Highside

« Reply #30 on: 28-Feb-20, 09:22 »
Hi JC,

This is the description on the order confirmation   -CX CDI Hall/Stock Ignitions - CX CDI HALL Pickup for IGNITECH .
And this is the part number of what I ordered        -SKU: CX_CDI_STOCK-S Category: CX CDI Ignition.

In the description it stated it was to suit the Ignitech .

On the Rae-San web site, HALL Effect Pickup Setup for Ignitech (CX_HALL_IGN-S)          Is the 5th option in the list of 5 different types to choose from and the one I ordered was the 5th option in the drop down list to choose from when placing the order.

Rayman

« Reply #31 on: 28-Feb-20, 16:52 »
High mate
the install instructions refer to a older version of the unit -
the current unit you  should have will need the polarity of hte pickup set to NEGATIVE.

If you have the software connected to ignitech while cranking the bike  - you should see it reflect what its picking up from the hall sensor -

If you can give that a go and report back -
Regards
Rayman ( aka Rae-San)

Cheers
Direct email also works ;)

Highside

« Reply #32 on: 28-Feb-20, 20:12 »
Hi All,

Thanks Rayman, that made all the difference, the bike is now running again. I don't have a Laptop with a serial port so have to bring the battery and Ignitech unit inside and plug it into my desktop computer.

After reading your message it only took about 15 minutes to make the change to the Ignitech program and get it all plugged back in and finally have spark again and get the bike running..   

Thank for your help, hopefully tomorrow I can put everything back on the bike and take it for a ride to see how it goes.

Cass

« Reply #33 on: 29-Feb-20, 12:15 »
Maybe the CX is old and not worth much But the advice from the CX community is " Priceless".   happy0158

Good to hear the bike is going, well done!

Cass

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal