Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: 82 custom carb problems  (Read 141 times)

finn_nz

82 custom carb problems
« Started on: 20-Jan-20, 15:08 »
hi guys,
need some help re carbs, rebuilt and cleaned, but i have surging when i back the throttle off, doesnt seem to want to hold smooth acceleration, this happens when throttle is backed off to hold steady throttle thru a corner etc, its doing my head in, one thing i didnt replace but they do look fine are the diaphrams on the side of each carb......................can anyone help me?

CX PHREAK

Re: 82 custom carb problems
« Reply #1 on: 20-Jan-20, 15:16 »
Read your plugs. May just be over rich.

Jets in the correct locations? Big in the brass. :)

Seagrass

« Reply #2 on: 20-Jan-20, 19:40 »
When you say you “cleaned and rebuilt” them did you use a guide like Larry’s carbie rebuild guide?

If you just removed the fuel bowls and jets to clean them you have not actually done a complete clean and rebuild.

These carbies are quite detailed and you need to also remove the emulsifier tubes and descale them and clean out all the very small holes in them. Once you do all of this you will be surprised at the difference in idle smoothness and performance.

Seagrass

finn_nz

« Reply #3 on: 22-Jan-20, 16:49 »
no i havnt read murrays carb book................do u recommend sonic cleaning also?
is there a pdf of murrays carb book online?

Seagrass

« Reply #4 on: 22-Jan-20, 20:48 »
Yes you can purchase a PDF copy from Murray.

Please do not get a pirated copy, Murray has spent a lot of time and effort to make the book available and he deserves to get a return for the work he has done.

Seagrass

CX PHREAK

« Reply #5 on: 22-Jan-20, 23:49 »
Larry. LRCXeD   BlahBlah

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal