Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: neutral switch and the rear cover removal  (Read 202 times)

gm

neutral switch and the rear cover removal
« Started on: 01-Jan-20, 17:25 »
Hello Gurus
I hope you are all having a wonderful new years day
I have a quick question on my journey to repair the starter clutch.
I am about to remove the rear cover and noticed the neutral switch bolted on.  the manual didn't seem to discuss this in detail as it related to the rear cover removal.  the Utube video didn't seem to mention it.
the Question is: does it need to be removed before the rear cover is removed or does it stay on the cover as it comes out.
If it does need to come off first (before the rear cover is removed) are there any things I need to do to ensure it goes back and resumes functionality.
I attach a photo.
gm

Seagrass

Re: neutral switch and the rear cover removal
« Reply #1 on: 01-Jan-20, 18:25 »
Leave it where it is BUT be aware of the gear lever shaft and fine spring attached to it as you remove the cover.

Seagrass

gm

« Reply #2 on: 01-Jan-20, 18:30 »
thanks Seagrass

Onetrack

« Reply #3 on: 01-Jan-20, 18:56 »
As you remove the cover keep he gear leaver shaft pressed in, don't let it come off with the cover, also make sure the gearbox is in neutral before you start or you will have trouble later on at the time of assembly.
When you have the cover off replace the seal on the gear leaver shaft.
"Young" Les F

J.C.

« Reply #4 on: 01-Jan-20, 23:23 »
If you haven’t seen it there are some detailed tutorials for removing the rear cover etc here:

https://motofaction.org/motorcycles/honda-cx-gl/triple-or-quadruple-bypass-cx500-cx650-gl500-gl650/

gm

« Reply #5 on: 08-Jan-20, 21:52 »
thank you
much appreciated and Ill let you know when its done

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal