Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Turbo Petcock O-Ring  (Read 273 times)

sonicpelican

Turbo Petcock O-Ring
« Started on: 02-Oct-19, 19:08 »
Hi all,

I've had a quick look but can't find anything.  So can anyone give me the specs for the O-ring for the Petcock on the CX500 Turbo.  Not the piece with the 4 holes in it but that one on the actual tap that you use to turn the petrol on and off.

Cheers,
Rod

Seagrass

Re: Turbo Petcock O-Ring
« Reply #1 on: 02-Oct-19, 19:39 »
Rod do you mean the one on the circumference of the bit with the handle that you turn?

This is actually an “X” ring and I have never seen a part number for it or been able to get one (I have not tried too hard either)

I did try using a standard “O” ring but that was not successful and the tap leaked.

Seagrass

sonicpelican

« Reply #2 on: 02-Oct-19, 19:57 »
Thanks Seagrass, yes that's the one.  However, the one that just broke (perished) was a normal O-Ring that I had used to replace the X-Ring that had also perished when I initially pulled the tap apart to repair a leak.  It would be nice to find the original X-Ring but the petcock was never meant to be repaired so it is listed as an assembly instead of individual parts.

Cheers,
Rod

Seagrass

« Reply #3 on: 02-Oct-19, 20:11 »
Rod I got to thinking and remembered I had a document with the details (and I thought part numbers) to rebuild the petcock.

When I checked through my files I found the "X" ring part number you need is 16963-HB9-005

I have attached a PDF of the document below.

Hope this helps.

Seagrass

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

sonicpelican

« Reply #4 on: 02-Oct-19, 22:23 »
Thanks again Seagrass.  That's great information.

Cheers,
Rod

SlotBaker

« Reply #5 on: 02-Oct-19, 23:11 »
Great info chaps, thanks for sharing Seagrass.

Are those 2 parts (X-ring, and main seal) the same parts used in CX650 Petcock?
I'm guessing they are, but want to check.

TIA

sonicpelican

« Reply #6 on: 03-Oct-19, 09:17 »
The part number for the petcock assembly are the same for the 500 and the 650, so I would suggest they are the same unit with the same internals.

Cheers,
Rod

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal