Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: 2017 VJMC Rally  (Read 860 times)

BUFF7454

2017 VJMC Rally
« Started on: 11-Oct-16, 07:26 »
Is there a plan to have a bit of a CX gathering around the 2017 VJMC. I am looking at heading down so I was doing a little planning.Not that I plan much on the bike.9 Head in southerly direction and turn left when you reach the intersection sort of planning.Wondering if anyone knows what the venue is and what camping facilities are available ect.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Re: 2017 VJMC Rally
« Reply #1 on: 11-Oct-16, 08:30 »
Hi Buff,

I think it is at Tamworth - that's about all I know. I am planning to attend - and will more than likely be camping. A pre-CX meeting gathering would also be a good catch up.

Here is a link 

http://vjmc.org.au/j30/

accommodation | Paradise Tourist Park - Home

Charlie

Dr Don

« Reply #2 on: 11-Oct-16, 11:23 »
Paradise Tourist Park in Tamworth is the HQ, and registrations start from 5pm on Friday 3/3/2017 there.  I think there is a fair area of camping available, as I have stayed there on about three occasions, but about 6 years ago was the latest.
Just had a look at CPs in Tamworth on the web, and found that the one I stayed at before has closed, and Paradise is really close to the city centre, but advertises about 172 sites with 103 having power.

Seagrass

« Reply #3 on: 11-Oct-16, 18:33 »
I am planning to be there and it would be good to catch up for a day or so before the rally, as we often do.

Seagrass

hdconyers

« Reply #4 on: 12-Oct-16, 00:27 »
C (02) 6766-3120 is ph number, has good reviews in Wikicamps

doddsy1000

« Reply #5 on: 12-Oct-16, 10:57 »
I'm thinking of a car with several bikes on a trailer this time  2cry 2cry 2cry

lmao lmao

rooray

« Reply #6 on: 12-Oct-16, 17:11 »
Good idea Doddsy. Then if one runs out of petrol you can use another, and if it breaks down you still have one left over. At least the car should be OK.

rooray

« Reply #7 on: 12-Oct-16, 17:12 »
Count me in Ill be there.
 party0024

hdconyers

« Reply #8 on: 20-Feb-17, 21:24 »
Now I'm back in Vic I'm considering coming along with Harry (Mins Man) in car with bikes on trailer. Olwesty is talking of coming along so will be good to catch up as I didn't get much chance at Sutton last year.

Seagrass

« Reply #9 on: 20-Feb-17, 21:38 »
Hope you can make it Harold, it will be good to catch up.

Seagrass

BUFF7454

« Reply #10 on: 20-Feb-17, 23:23 »
Only 7 days until I hit the frog and toad. Speaking of Toad ,are the Coolamon crew attending

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #11 on: 21-Feb-17, 00:07 »
Not sure on that count Buff,

Seagrass

« Reply #12 on: 03-Mar-17, 16:37 »
Thought I should update this topic.

Arrived safely in Tamworth with Kathy and Rooray around 5pm yesterday. Olwesty, Harold, Mins Man, Charlie, OzBob and Dr Don were already here. Willy and Tony arrived around 6:30 and we all shared a meal around the BBQ.

Charlie, Kathy, Harry and I did a ride to Nowendoc today (around 220Km's return trip) and we have now all returned to register for the rally.

There have been a few dramas along the way including trailer wheel bearing problems for Harry and a loose front axel nut on his 650 turbo, very poor weather for Charlie and a slight overheating problem for Rooray. Olwesty ended up with a flat battery yesterday and my turbo has decided to start weeping oil from the right side rocker cover gasket.

Nothing that can't be fixed and the main thing is we are all safe and well.

Not sure if Doddsy or Buff have arrived yet but I will find out shortly.

Seagrass

Seagrass

« Reply #13 on: 03-Mar-17, 18:23 »
Buff was indeed here when I last posted and so was Margaret. Doddsy arrived just after 6pm so as far as I am aware every has safely arrived.

Now just sitting around waiting for the Friday dinner to start.

Seagrass

Seagrass

« Reply #14 on: 04-Mar-17, 21:12 »
Six of us are at the annual rally dinner and award ceremony and Dr Don just picked up the trophy for "Furthest Ridden" (1,340Km's) and I was awarded the trophy for "Concours Best Original/Unrestored)

Seagrass

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #15 on: 05-Mar-17, 17:20 »
Left about 9:30 sorry for those I missed to say goodbye to.

Weather was overcast, steamy, humid, then clear and mild, then showers on the way through to Singleton - but because I wasn't stopping the mighty Goldwing windshield stops nearly everything - so I didn't bother with wet weather gear. Just cooked behind it even with the vent open.

From Singleton through to Penrith was showers off and on nothing really heavy - just annoying.

Got home before 3:30 and believe it or not managed to drop the bike at the top of the driveway going from soft wet grass to the concrete edge - I think I was tired and it just fell over - and I let it go as well. No damage at all maybe another scrape on the chrome crashbar - which is already damaged. bike was stationary at the time.

Catch up with a few photos later.

Seagrass

« Reply #16 on: 05-Mar-17, 18:43 »
I left around 10:30 with Ray and Kathy on the tail end of the Sunday ride to Chaffey Dam. I am really glad we decided to join the ride as the scenery was just fantastic and there was just a sprinkle or two of rain along the way.

We arrived at the dam just as the marshals were heading off on the return journey to Tamworth and we hung around there until everyone going back to Tamworth had departed. We then set off towards Nundle (in the opposite direction of the other riders) and straight into the first real shower of rain that lasted for around five to ten minutes. As we were moving we did not get very wet and it was not long before we were drying out. We took the road to the New England Highway and joined the highway close to Wallabadah. After a quick fuel stop we headed off to Muswellbrook where we stopped at Hungry Jacks for lunch (which took over an hour due to the queue waiting to order)

I parted company with Ray and Kathy when we left Muswellbrook and I road straight home arriving around 5pm. Like Charlie I ran into some showers on the Putty road but as I had stopped just after leaving Singleton to put my rain jacket on it was not a problem. I am feeling a bit weary but I had a very enjoyable weekend and it was great to catch up with everyone who was at the rally.

Seagrass

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal