Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: 2014 Australian CX500 & CX650 Rally at Victor Harbor  (Read 11323 times)

CX PHREAK

Bad news fellers... I've just registered.   :tease:

Staffy

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

lmao
 lmao
 lmao

sound travels at 1100 feet per second

I still reckon I can annoy you- it's just going to take longer to get to you...

safe trip

cheers

doddsy1000

We'll set up a Skype call for you Charlie.

Apparently the Caravan Park has free wifi.   Doh Doh Doh

thirsty

Guys and Girls,  some of you may know that I am a pilot and have a part share in a small plane. I was thinking about bringing the plane to Goolwa (near Victor Harbor) and offering flights to those that are interested.

So, let me know if you'd be interested in coming for a fly around the area for about 40mins at a cost of around $50.  The plane is a Jabiru J160C and probably the safest plane in the skies at present so no danger.

I would probably base the plane on Hindmarsh Island where I have a friend with his own grass strip so not too far to get to from Victor.

If I don't get enough interest I won't bother as the logistics of getting it down there are a bit of a pain.

Just post on this thread if you're interested.

Tony

Mins Man

Not even if you paid me 50 bucks to go in it!   2idiot

thirsty

Sook!

Mins Man

Now Tony,we've had this discussion before. I intend to live as long as I can, and that won't be helped by going up in the air in a contraption made of fabric and fencing wire.   :grandpa:

Willy

Ah stuff it if you'd seen half the things Iv'e done in hairy planes, you'd have a go Harry I'm up for it Tony.

Mins Man

'fraid not Willy. Unless it's got a minimum of 4 jet engines, I ain't getting on it!

doddsy1000

Do you still land on pushbike paths Tony?

That got rid of me easily enough  lmao lmao lmao

hamilton

What a mob of whimps, the Jabiru is stronger and safer than the 4 engine jets you prefer and yet you risk your lives each time you meddle with trafic on a bike, if i could promise to be there i would be up for $150 worth.
I freeze trying to climb a ladder yet ive flown 7 different makes and 10 different models so get with it, you will enjoy it .Ralphy
   PS Tony is an instructor, he is versed in all possible events and teaches emergency procedures ,not just an occasional part time pilot

Staffy

I have to agree that Tony is a good pilot (I've sat through his youtube videos) and like Ralph said he teaches others to fly the contraptions as well so everyone is in safe hands.

It would probably be worth it if there's a few people who wanted to go on board.  For the everyone else there's the option of going for another ride (which I'd be happy to take people on if they wanted that) or hanging around there and having a chin wag as a larger group over a cider or two.

Ralph, we'd be looking at having the plane available on the Thursday so if it's a goer then you should get down there for that day.

Seagrass

It is a pity I cannot be there as I would have loved to take a flight in the Jabiru.

Seagrass

Mins Man

Sooo, watching a Youtube clip is the closest you've come to flying, Staff.    lmao
I reckon if you're recommending it, you should at least try it.

You could have had my seat, Seagrass.

Staffy

No I've flown before Harry, just not with Tony yet.

Mins Man

Well, here's your opportunity.........if anything happens, can I have your bike?

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

ah Crap,

you got in before me Harry,

I was going to go dibs -

2wink

hdconyers

After the last rally at V H I took the opportunity to go for a 1 hour flight with Tony at Murray Bridge and loved every minute of it. Have a go Harry, there's no angle grinders or hot exhausts to worry about.

hamilton

Now then Harry, the wing loading of the Jabiru is 1 / 330th of the pressure you put in your tyres,    13.8 pounds per square FOOT, thats with full fuel and 2 people. 2 minutes of fright, 38 minutes of pleasure  for 50 bucks !

Staffy

Crikey, you all are a pack of seagulls aren't ya. I tell ya what, how about I have it broken in to parts and you all can squawk and squabble and fight over it all.  2funny

jhovel

Tony, I'll be there and would love a fly! You certified to sit on the right and tell me the error of my ways without letting me put us in danger?
I haven't flown in about 5 years. Book me in.

Cheers,
Joe

thirsty

OK so I have 2 people wanting to have a go. There must be more brave souls willing to come break the surly bonds.

Joe: yes I can fly right seat and you  can do all the flying with my guidance. Same goes for anyone else.

hamilton

Gee i wish i could promise to be there, You guys, each square inch of wing area only has to carry ONE AND A HALF OUNCES of the aircrafts gross weight and if you weigh as much as el freako it probably only has to carry an ounce !

GET WITH IT ! you will enjoy it .

Mins Man

Sorry Ralph but I'm chicken, and everyone knows chickens can't fly!

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal