Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: 2014 Australian CX500 & CX650 Rally at Victor Harbor  (Read 11321 times)

Staffy

2014 Australian CX500 & CX650 Rally at Victor Harbor
« Started on: 09-Oct-13, 07:31 »
The dates for the 2014 VJMC Rally at Victor Harbor have been announced and it will be on the weekend of the 14th- 16th March 2014 at the Victor Harbor Beachfront Caravan Park.

There seems to be a bit of interest from the CX/GL fraternity to have a similar meet to what we had this year prior to VJMC.  For that reason Thirsty and I will be organising a few things whilst hoping to keep it as loose and open as this year’s gathering was.  The timing would be similar to early this year with our CX/GL Rally running from the evening of Wednesday 12th to Friday 14th where VJMC will kick in for the remainder of the weekend.

We'll be organising rides again for both Thursday and Friday, but possibly looking at shorter rides on both the Thursday and Friday.  As good as it was going to the Birdwood Motor Museum this year it was a long day, especially for those who'd ridden halfway across the country already! 

As stated it will be at the Victor Harbor Beachfront Caravan Park who can be contacted on (08) 8552 1111 www.victorbhp.com.au  If you are after cabin I'd suggest you get in now as they booked up very fast last year. When you do call to book, make sure you notify them you will be coming with VJMC as the whole caravan park has been reserved for this purpose.

Again as for all years it is not necessary to be a VJMC member to attend VJMC Rally but you will need to register with them.  There'll be more information on the website as things develop.  It currently states that entry forms will be available later in the year. VJMC Australia Web Portal - 2014 NATIONAL RALLY

If you intend on coming to the CX/GL rally portion, please indicate your intention here: Who's going to Victor Harbor? even if it is a tentative attendance to be confirmed later.  Similarly if it becomes definite that you cannot attend, please let me know.  In this way we can get a good idea what numbers we are looking at and tee things up accordingly. 

Staffy

As mentioned in the other post I'm trying to get our meet prior to VJMC sanctioned by VJMC as a meet for the benefit of those with classic rego.  I know these things are possible and have been done in the past.  What I'm wondering is if anyone here has successfully had a ride sanctioned and if so, how did you go about it?

Mins Man

Dr. Don sent the Pres an email while we were at Cowra about getting it listed as a VJMC event.
I didn't hear the outcome, but I believe it only needs 6 VJMC members to attend to qualify.

Staffy

That's good news and should help the cause especially considering we'd definitely have that number.  I've been chatting with Dr Don about this over PM trying to get a good idea of the right approach.  At some point soon I'll email a few VJMC folks and see if I can get this thing sorted.  Will let you all know the outcome in due course.

doddsy1000

I'd offer to send Jeff an email, but he knows me too well & will think it's a scam.  lmao lmao lmao

Are there any coast roads around there for a different scenery?

Although, I should be looking where I'm going  2shocked 2shocked

Staffy

We are going to look at different routes this time and it would be great to have some more coastal roads along the way.  Honestly I haven't thought that far ahead yet  lmao

Staffy

Had a chat with Thirsty tonight about taking some roads in from the top of Magill road through to Lobethal, but like the Birdwood run it'd be a longish day.  We were thinking we'd put it out there to see who'd be up for the ride as there'll be a few sore bums to take into account.  It would be worth it as there's some beautiful twisty roads out that way.  Corkscrew road is out there as well which is fantastic fun.

Thoughts?

doddsy1000

I'm in  :2afro:

But, then again I may well be in a car on the way over, which fixes the sore bum problem.  lmao lmao

Staffy

Just a quick reminder folks that the 2014 rally is in 2 months.

You can register here VJMC Australia Web Portal - Home

Reserve your spot at the caravan park here: Victor Harbor | Fun for all the family...

Make sure when you are booking with the caravan park you tell them you are with VJMC or they may tell you they are full.

We'll be meeting up the same as last year on Thursday and Friday prior to the rally so for those folks wanting to come down early see if you can make it to Victor by the wednesday evening.

Thirsty and I have started looking at rides already and it's likely we'll be going through some of those fantastic roads around Meadows again.

It's highly unlikely we'll be riding through school traffic in Nairne again  Doh

We're discussing a longer ride on the Friday to get some time on the eastern Adelaide Hills roads which we missed out on last year.  This would mean a similar length ride as our trip to Birdwood but would take in some of the better roads that the Adelaide Hills has to offer.  We're looking for input on this though as we understand there'll be a few sore bums with those coming from interstate.

We'll also be bringing supplies down by car so will be able to have eskies and other items on hand too.  If there's anything anyone would like to have on hand let us know and we'll see what we can sort out.

Again, make sure you register for VJMC if you are staying for the rally.

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

At this time - I won't be able to make it.

Unable to get any leave from work - as my probation does not complete until end of March and not eleigible for a week or two off to get down there and back..

Damn work - it always messes things up   :vroom:

Where is it being held in 2015 ?? if it's not Perth I should be good to go...

Staffy

No worries Charlie.  Perhaps something in October again this year?  Somewhere in Victoria? 

While I think of it, is anyone else going to register for the Saturday night VJMC dinner? 

Seagrass

At this stage I will not be able to make it as I am starting up a new business and being able to take time off is highly unlikely.

The 2015 VJMC rally will be in Canberra so I am hoping to make it in 2015

Seagrass

Staffy

Canberra?  I hate roundabouts  :2scared:

Steve F

At this stage I will not be able to make it as I am starting up a new business and being able to take time off is highly unlikely.

The 2015 VJMC rally will be in Canberra so I am hoping to make it in 2015

Seagrass

Cool,  I'll make that one as well :)

Cheers
Steve

Staffy

So you'll be at Victor and Canberra Steve?

Steve F

So you'll be at Victor and Canberra Steve?

No, sorry, I meant as well as Seagrass, no riding to SA for me  sign0181

Cheers
Steve

white knight

Would have loved to be there Staff as I really enjoyed last year-lack of sleep aside,thanks again Charlie-however it aint going to happen.I have been promising my good lady a South Island holiday as she is a mad keen mountain biker and wants to do the Central Otago trails-I owe that to her so Victor Habor unfortunately takes second place.-I am sure you will all have a good time.-WK

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Chris,

Glad to hear I was able to be of service to our Kiwi Cousins on your last visit... happy0059

I'll be sure to count kiwis as I go to sleep   happy0059   happy0059

chris 1 chris 2 chris 3   etc

Sorry you won't be there.... and sorry I won't be as well..

doddsy1000

Well that's one less photo I'll have on my phone this year.  lmao  lmao

(For those who came in late, the above "gentlemen" changed my phone's screen background photo to a group one finger salute while I went to the Mens room).  2funny

And they wonder why we need "association" laws?  2funny 2funny

Staffy

Glad you're taking the blame for that Chris and Not Harry and I.... cause we weren't in the photo at all....  rolleye0012

doddsy1000

Hmm...

One wonders, one does!  lmao lmao lmao

Kathy

Ron and I will be in Victor Harbor from Wednesday through Sunday.

Staffy

Be great to catch up again Kathy.

Then there's the fella who took the photo Doddgy.  rolleye0012

doddsy1000

And "that" is what one wonders!  lmao lmao lmao

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

Cannot remember who that was - Harold or Dr Don - maybe Joe hovel - definitely not me -

do I get a prize if I dob in correctly  - could have been Ron or Kathy - maybe Seagrass - have I forgotten anybody - oh yeah - maybe Rooray or Thirsty - I'm out of suggestions ....and memories......

only remember walking home through the golf course and being covered in clay by the time we arrived back.....

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal