Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: What's happening today?  (Read 1583 times)

Mins Man

Re: What's happening today?
« Reply #25 on: 01-Feb-21, 11:22 »
Well if I can't interest you in an overpriced Postie bike, how about something with 4 wheels that's slightly different?

https://barnfinds.com/suburbeetle-subaru-brat-vw-beetle-mashup/

Mins Man

« Reply #26 on: 03-Feb-21, 09:43 »
Any guesses what this one will go for?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1971-honda-sl70-5/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-02-02

I just caught the end of the auction for that little yellow 50cc Honda....US$2900 is a reasonable price IMO.

bahn88

« Reply #27 on: 05-Feb-21, 11:14 »
Are all the old replies of bygone days to this thread "archived" in some form or gone completely....? :dontknow:

Seagrass

« Reply #28 on: 05-Feb-21, 17:00 »
They are at the following link for 2020 (which is in the general discussions area as are the previous years),

https://australiancx.asn.au/forum/index.php?topic=15717.0

Seagrass

bahn88

« Reply #29 on: 13-Feb-21, 08:59 »
Started 12 days annual leave.....

And Stage 4 lockdown in Vic. 2sad
Well might be time for that overdue wash and polish...

Mins Man

« Reply #30 on: 21-Feb-21, 11:08 »
This is what I call supreme optimism......a 80mph speedo on a CB100.  lmao

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1972-honda-cb100/?utm_source=dm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2021-02-20

white knight

« Reply #31 on: 22-Feb-21, 08:22 »
Optimism aside,my S90 has an 80mph speedo,and I have had it up to 70,on the flat albeit with a tail wind.

Onetrack

« Reply #33 on: 18-Mar-21, 13:26 »
A nice price for a very nice CX650.
All 650's are nice. :charge:
"Young" Les F

bahn88

« Reply #34 on: 02-Apr-21, 10:00 »
first dose of COVID vaccine through work this week...be forewarned knocks you around a bit........
You may wanna consider getting your flu shot early as the timing for both is thus:
1st COVID->2nd COVID 3 months later.
Flu shot should be before 1st COVID or after the 2nd (discuss with your GP)...so if you are not on the COVID priority list get your flu shot early......

Seagrass

« Reply #35 on: 02-Apr-21, 11:52 »
Making a trip to Melbourne leaving Easter Monday and returning Friday that week.

I am planning to catch up with Dr Don and drop off an engine to another forum member.

I have some space in the car to take other things to Melbourne or bring stuff back.

Seagrass

Kathy

« Reply #36 on: 02-Apr-21, 22:40 »
Are all the old replies of bygone days to this thread "archived" in some form or gone completely....? :dontknow:
I know this reply is a bit late but I just thought I'd let you know that the reason I split this topic at the beginning of each year is because if I hadn't done this it would now be about 370 pages long and contain more than 9,200 messages and it would be a bit unwieldy to navigate.

I've made all the "What's happening Today" topics for previous years 'sticky' so that they are listed at the top of the 'General Discussion' board.
 [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

Seagrass

« Reply #37 on: 08-Apr-21, 14:04 »
Had a great overnight stay with Dr Don on Tuesday night and got to share some old memories and make some new ones. For an 85 year old Don is going well and most of us can only hope to be as good at that age. Don is having trouble with remembering some things but so am I, and I am 25 years younger.

I dropped the turbo motor off to Ken on Tuesday on the way to Don’s and had a great chat with him about the bike he is building. The bike will be used to attempt a record in the “land speed record” in the pushrod class. With modifications Ken is hoping to achieve 180 miles per hour!

Caught up with “Macka” from the NT-Owners.org forum today. Macka and I are hopeful to do a ride from Melbourne to Perth and return in October or November this year depending on his health as he is currently having radiotherapy for cancer. We had hoped to do this trip a year ago but Macka’s health and COVID put a stop to our plans

Spending tonight at my brother in laws in Melbourne and heading home tomorrow.

Seagrass

Tapometer

« Reply #38 on: 08-Apr-21, 21:50 »
180 Mph would be great but I think 160 will be a big enough ask.
Regards
Ken

Seagrass

« Reply #39 on: 08-Apr-21, 21:54 »
Sorry about that error Ken, more proof that my memory is not as good as it once was Doh

Seagrass

Willy

« Reply #40 on: 22-May-21, 10:17 »
Amazing camping on the banks of the MURRAY RIVER  NSW looking over to the Victorian side and believe me we had a mini cx meeting because camped there were Chris and Sue Elles (Ace).

Mins Man

« Reply #41 on: 09-Jun-21, 10:53 »
I was watching a Youtube video last night about a guy called Richard Rawlins from the TV show Grease Monkey Garage.
He's just bought a collection of over 200 cars and bikes from an old guy in Minnesota and was giving a tour of them.
Sitting in the middle of the bike collection was a Honda 500T which was autographed on the bib by Big Daddy Don Garlitz who is considered by many to be the father of drag racing in the US.
Apparently Honda gave him the bike in 1986 for winning the national competition or something, but it looks like it's in mint condition and might fall into the catergory of unwanted gift, meaning hardly any use.
It will be auctioned shortly with all the other stuff, so I might keep an eye out for it.

bahn88

« Reply #42 on: 10-Jun-21, 14:42 »
Hmmm ...Vic lockdown easing, but a lot of the state without power til the 13/6/ due to wild storms last night

Dragonstaff

muzza

« Reply #44 on: 13-Jun-21, 06:37 »
at least it got finished and ridden , not pushed in the back of the shed as pile of chopped up junk

white knight

« Reply #45 on: 13-Jun-21, 07:16 »
You are sounding particularly grumpy this morning Muzz :grandpa:

Onetrack

« Reply #46 on: 13-Jun-21, 08:52 »
Muzz lives in Unzud, what is there to be grumpy about?

"Young" Les F

muzza

« Reply #47 on: 14-Jun-21, 04:17 »
so many good bikes get "started" on the conversion and never get finished. That one did and it looks like a reasonable one at that

Dragonstaff

« Reply #48 on: 14-Jun-21, 20:50 »
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/144074706711?hash=item218b858f17:g:qLIAAOSwVJJfmR6r

This guy is a bit hopeful, I think.

Makes my GL with 2450 original miles a 10k bike.

Dragonstaff

« Reply #49 on: 04-Jul-21, 20:01 »
Doing an oil and filter change on ST1300 (a double 650) today, and took the plastics off to get a good look at what is under them.

I can understand why dealers charge 8 hours to do the job now.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal