Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: 2012 rally site  (Read 6728 times)

wary45

2012 rally site
« Started on: 09-Apr-11, 18:18 »
Hi all

Next years rally is  being organised in the Bathurst region as previously mentioned it will be over the weekend 13-15 April 2012.
We are going to be based at the  Bathurst Holiday Park at Kelso just 4km outside of Bathurst.

http://bathurst-panorama-holiday-park.nsw.big4.com.au/

They have all the facilities we are looking for cabins, camping, group meeting and cooking area.

They have a variety of cabin styles and prices and offer a discount if you are a member of the Big4 group so it may be worth considering.

There are some good rides in the area and of course the run to Mt Panorama.

Cabin accommodation is expected to start from $100 they have forecast a price rise for next year but current prices are available on the website.  They don't have a bunk house but some cabins will sleep up to 8 people.

They will accept bookings for next year after the 13th of April this year so start chatting and when you book be sure you mention you are with the CX group.

I am putting out a call for people to be involved in different aspects, if you would like to organise a rides , help prepare meals , organise awards and prizes etc  please get in contact with your ideas and suggestions even if they are not planning to attend the rally.

Regards

Ian

rooray

Re: 2012 rally site
« Reply #1 on: 09-Apr-11, 20:27 »
Count me in

Dr Don

« Reply #2 on: 09-Apr-11, 21:23 »
Sounds great, Ian.   A bit far ahead to plan, but I'm definitiely interested.   I'll try to get there on something other than my ubiquitous Silverwing.

doddsy1000

« Reply #3 on: 10-Apr-11, 11:38 »
Well done Ian.  That's a good effort in a short timeframe.

I'm in (of course) & happy to help once on site.

I hope the ride orginiser includes a once around the track, as I haven't done that since being a teenager. (5 years ago?  lmao)

cheers

Doddsy

CustomTiger

« Reply #4 on: 10-Apr-11, 13:48 »
 happy0065 A bit far ahead to plan, but I'm definitely interested. So you can count me in at present.  2cheer

Olwesty

« Reply #5 on: 10-Apr-11, 20:22 »
Yep .. I'll be there if all going well ..  happy0159

Paul F

« Reply #6 on: 10-Apr-11, 21:33 »
Yep .. I'll be there if all going well as well,
And put us down for the some cooking, recovery vehicle and ride marshelling.

Will try to arrange a weeks hoidays to cover set up time and final cleanup after.

c014

Honey

« Reply #7 on: 16-Apr-11, 22:28 »
So Andy .... Can we ave another Tally... For the event to see who and how many will be comming...

gm

« Reply #8 on: 17-Apr-11, 08:48 »
Jenny and I will be there.  let us know what tasks there are and we will see what we can do.  I went to Bathurst two weekends ago with the Macquarie towns Motorcycle restoration and preservation club.  the track was open to the public (60klm) limit which we almost complied with.  We did a few laps its a buzz.
looking forward to it.

hdconyers

« Reply #9 on: 17-Apr-11, 10:37 »
I'll be there and would love to organise some rides. sounds great !!! cool0012   fietsertour   cool0010

Andy

« Reply #10 on: 17-Apr-11, 17:00 »
So Andy .... Can we ave another Tally... For the event to see who and how many will be comming...

Created -
Anyone else attending please post under - "Who is going to bathurst post -->" https://www.australiancx.asn.au/forum/index.php?topic=7717 post

wary45

« Reply #11 on: 15-May-11, 13:20 »
Hi All I have just been sent this email from the suggested site at Bathurst regarding a noise curfew.
Please give me some feed back.

Thank you for your enquiry. A full list of our accommodation styles and facilities can be viewed online at our website www.bathurstholidaypark.com.au however prices are only set 12 months in advance & do change due to seasons & availability. A firm price can be set at the time of making a reservation.
I must, at this early stage, advise that we do have a very strict noise curfew of 9pm in our Park, this is for the comfort & security of all our residents & guests. Should this or any of our other rules not be adhered to, the group will be evicted from our property with no refund regardless of the time of day or night. It has been an issue with groups before, therefore we are very forthright when enquiries are made. Should this be an issue for 1 or any of your group, then Our Park may not be the best venue for your group.

Honey

« Reply #12 on: 15-May-11, 13:54 »
 Mmmm 9pm WHAT???
 rolleye0012 rolleye0012

82 Turbo & 2000 Valkyrie

« Reply #13 on: 15-May-11, 14:16 »
Well - I think forewarned is forearmed...

maybe those jayco mob have spread some damaging words.....

personally it may be better to look further afield - I can't see me being in bed by 9:00pm or not making some sort of noise in conversation.......
although there may be not much more choice in accomodation in the area either.....

sounds pretty poor - and especially being possibly evicted ??? don't like being threatened even before getting there

Andy

« Reply #14 on: 15-May-11, 14:36 »
WTF  9pm ... will Humphrey tuck us in    2tickedoff  ..... Count us out for this caravan park - can't see much fun in loading up and moving on at 9:01pm.

Maybe we need to move it down the road 100k to Cowra.

phantomcxmenance

« Reply #15 on: 15-May-11, 14:40 »
big dog

9pm....I can do that but it means we start drinking at midday and our rides would need to be started at 3am.....maybe we need to expand our search...what about cold blaney,not many people want to stay there and they could probally do with the company.

wary45

« Reply #16 on: 15-May-11, 15:06 »
Hi again,  after a few pms and the responses posted here this is about what i thought would be said.
This wasnt mentioned in the phone concersations i have had with them and it has taken them several weeks to email this response to the email i sent them.

I will look further a field I am still keen on this region but please forward any suggestions.

I also agree it sounded more like a threat than advice, if they dont want a bit of social noise after 9 what are they going to be like with the sound of 40-50 bikes firing up.

Has anyone booked yet????????

doddsy1000

« Reply #17 on: 15-May-11, 22:12 »
That's good research Wary.  A 9pm curfew is going to curtail even social drinks, let alone a get together evening.  I probably snore enough to be evicted  happy0158

I can see Andys point with Cowra, but I also found it nice to be riding to somewhere different this year than last year.  For me, the long ride to the new venue is part of the adventure.

I'm also still keen on the bathurst region.

cheers

Doddsy

Dr Don

« Reply #18 on: 15-May-11, 23:47 »
Ian, Ditto to Doddsy's remarks.

phantomcxmenance

« Reply #19 on: 16-May-11, 08:20 »
ian ditto to dodgies and dr don's remark

I have organised many football weekends away and as soon as you have a crowd of more than 5 the owners of van parks get a bit jittery,we have had curfews put on us many times and thats with family and kids in attendance.
I can see there point of view as there are the "others" to take into consideration but even my missus stays up beyond early pumkin hour

ACE

« Reply #20 on: 16-May-11, 08:56 »
Not knowing the area, and having never been to the Barthurst race ( yes, I know...very un-Australian eh!), I wonder what other parks or facilities are in the area..other nearby towns?. Where do all the rev heads stay over the BIG RACE weekend? Can we acccess the local horserace track or showgrounds like we did for the Healesville VJMC?
ACE in wonder (my usual state!)

doddsy1000

« Reply #21 on: 16-May-11, 08:59 »
Taht could be your next school excursion mate  lmao lmao lmao

hdconyers

« Reply #22 on: 16-May-11, 10:25 »
What about Oberon?? I've only been to the industrial area [many times] in the truck but it is only 30 mins from Bathurst and would likely have some great twisty rides. Don't know what parls etc are there

Oberon Caravan Park. 19 Albion Street, Oberon NSW 2787 Ph: 02 6336 1647.

Jenolan Caravan Park. 7 Cunningham Street, Oberon NSW 2787 Ph: 02 6336 0344 ...

wary45

« Reply #23 on: 16-May-11, 19:06 »
blaney imposes similar restrictions.

phantomcxmenance

« Reply #24 on: 16-May-11, 19:17 »
what..BLANEY your joking, there don't actually have a "visitor over subscription" what's the problem with country towns, its not as if the coooollllamon mob have been everywhere...or have they?????

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal