• stats Total Topics: 11790
  • stats Total Categories: 5
  • stats Total Boards: 70
  • stats Most Online: 317

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: I am not a computer nerd
« Last post by Kathy on 25-Oct-21, 15:27 »
Having trouble deciphering the password for a cx manual download, how do you copy and paste the username and password, copy and paste to where?
@winmalee When you click on the relevant Download link a window should be displayed that prompts you for the username and password shown on the download screen.
 [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]    [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

If you do not see the username/password prompt you make have to check that pop-ups are enabled in your web browser for this website (it's the only pop-up this website has - no advertising or other spam here!)

I suggest you make a note of the username and that, if you are not familiar with how to copy/paste information within a website, you also make a note of the password. 

Please note that the username and password are case sensitive and also that in the password the character after the number 55 is the letter 'el' and the character after the capital letter 'u' is the number one.
General Discussion / I am not a computer nerd
« Last post by winmalee on 25-Oct-21, 13:44 »
Having trouble deciphering the password for a cx manual download, how do you copy and paste the username and password, copy and paste to where?
Ask the gurus / Re: Engine removal to get at ignition pulser coils?
« Last post by SteveH on 23-Oct-21, 12:22 »
For future info, I just found a highly relevant discussion on this at https://australiancx.asn.au/forum/index.php?topic=8455.msg80164#msg80164

I sold my Turbo in January 2021 to someone who appreciated it for what it is. Hopefully we might see him on this forum at some stage.

Seagrass
Ask the gurus / Re: Engine removal to get at ignition pulser coils?
« Last post by SteveH on 21-Oct-21, 21:57 »
Thanks for the quick reply and good information.

At the 2015 VJMC rally in Canberra, Seagrass told me my squeaky rear monolink suspension needed fixing, so I did then take it apart and free it up (thanks Seagrass). So I guess if I only have the two options I think I will try via the suspension/swingarm rather than engine out, as I am a bit more familiar with the parts involved.

And a good idea to use the modern electronic replacement, I saw the Rae-san website and the system looks like it has some great new features (including retarding the timing a bit during startup to stop the nasty kickback clunk - I have just done the starter motor mod) as well as hopefully being reliable.

Where did the Seagrass 500 Turbo go? I still have mine but only ride it occasionally to keep it in working condition.

Regards
Steven H
I just replaced the pulsar coils and other ignition components with a Ray-San ignition system in my 500 Euro (same ignition setup etc as the 650) and after assessing the job, I chose to remove the entire engine to do the job.

I would highly recommend that you also consider replacing your system with a Ray-SAN ignition system as it replaces the nearly 40 year old electronics with a new system that uses current technology components.

The Ray-San systems are made by a member of this forum.

Seagrass
I have done this.  It is not a lot less work than removing the engine although it will give access to lubricate all the Pro-link bearings as the entire Pro-link and swing arm and wheel need to be removed.  I don't remember if the suspension unit needs to be removed in all this.  Even then there is not a lot of room to access the pulser coils. Take careful notice of how the advance mechanism is assembled as it is quite easy to assemble it 180 degrees out.
Ask the gurus / Engine removal to get at ignition pulser coils?
« Last post by SteveH on 21-Oct-21, 15:06 »
Hi all, I haven't posted for a long while and haven't ridden for a long while as I continue to be plagued with extremely difficult starting of my CX650.
To cut a very long story short I finally diagnosed a faulty ignition pulser coil or its immediate wiring (TI ignition) that is causing the left cylinder to drop out, especially when trying to start.

Although relieved about hopefully finding the problem, I am now figuring out if I can get at them without having to remove the engine. Has anyone done this?

My Haynes manual suggests it can be done. It has an intriguing statement that (and unlike the CX500 with its CDI ignition) "Depending on the owner's ingenuity it may be possible to reach them with the engine in the frame" pg 135). It then says Honda recommends removing the rear wheel and swingarm to get at them (in addition to maybe the airbox and inner mudguard). Better than the engine I suppose but it still like sounds a lot.

I was thinking if I could from above just remove the airbox and coolant bottle or underneath after removing the exhaust balance chamber?

I would appreciate any advice from someone that may have done this before.

Thanks

Tech Tips / Re: choke cable
« Last post by gm on 20-Oct-21, 21:12 »
thanks Onetrack and bahn88
I'll let you know what I do.
gm
Tech Tips / Re: choke cable
« Last post by bahn88 on 20-Oct-21, 16:31 »
Maybe this supplier....youll need to sus the dimensions.....the link is for reference....

The pictured example might not work on a intact cable but see what else the seller offers
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorcycle-Cable-Fittings-Nylon-Nipple-Sleeves-9x8mm-x10-CN18/262482098218
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

* From the Gallery ...

indicator.jpg
WEB_AUS___Cafe_Racer_WEB__AUS__SMOKEY_Cafe_Racer_Smokey__May_2010_SET_21__Supertwins_Qualifing__2__SAM_5803.JPG
Vintaj_s_1986_CX400c_Bobber.jpg
009.JPG
IMG_9108.JPG
Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal