Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Pillion Foot Pegs - Am i missing something?  (Read 282 times)

wmmason

Pillion Foot Pegs - Am i missing something?
« Started on: 27-Sep-21, 08:53 »
Hi guys, super simple question here.

I'm fitting the OEM footpegs that came with the bike when I purchased (not attached).

Previous owner has fitted some harley mufflers with a simple custom bracket, to mount the muffler on the same bolt as the pillion footpegs. However looks like he's discarded the OEM bolt and gone for something else - not using the threaded frame section to hold the muffler on.
 [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

I had a look through my manual and i'm struggling to find a part no. for the bolt - I'm also not sure how exactly the footpeg is intended to mount on to the bracket. The bracket looks very rounded - and i can't see the notch where the footpeg is meant to slot into to to stop it from rotating.

Sorry for the probably very obvious question.

Cheers

Will

Kathy

Re: Pillion Foot Pegs - Am i missing something?
« Reply #1 on: 27-Sep-21, 12:20 »
The tab on the footpeg fitted into a slot of the bracket that holds the muffler in place - parts 6 and 16 on the  following parts list  https://images.cmsnl.com/img/partslists/honda-cx500-1981-b-australia-exhaust-muffler_bigma000156f20_3275.gif

[ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]    [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

The bolt for the footpeg/muffler bracket is a 10x20 flange bolt.

CX PHREAK

« Reply #2 on: 27-Sep-21, 12:29 »
The bolt is an M10 x 1.25 mm thread pitch 2 20 mm long.

Muffler mount mounts first followed by passenger peg which generally aligns with the frame loop.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/1981/cx500c-a-custom/step

wmmason

« Reply #3 on: 27-Sep-21, 15:13 »
Hi Kathy and CX Phreak,

Thanks for the response, that is exactly what I'm after. I new there had to be a bracket of some sort.

Looking at my foot pegs, looks like the previous owner has filed down the tab that locates the peg in place. Not having access to a welder, i think i will order a spare set along with the bolts and brackets.

Thanks again guys, really appreciate it.

fran c

« Reply #4 on: 03-Oct-21, 08:47 »
I know you are a long way away but if you find that you are having trouble locating the Peg end bracket or the Exhaust come Peg bracket shout up and I will have a look through my cave. Not saying I have them but it's a possibility. I often amaze myself when I go looking.  happy0065 :

CX PHREAK

« Reply #5 on: 03-Oct-21, 12:35 »
I'm pretty sure I'd have some passenger pegs but don't think I have the muffler brackets.

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal