Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Information on a Fairing  (Read 551 times)

Victor459

Information on a Fairing
« Started on: 09-Sep-21, 12:06 »
Morning all,

First post - hope there will be many more!

Found these images on a Gallery - Norris' Bikes.  Can anyone help me with any information about the fairing please?
  [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]    [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]    [ You are not allowed to view this attachment ]  

Victor459

Re: Information on a Fairing
« Reply #1 on: 11-Sep-21, 09:49 »
Found out its a Streamliner (thanks Seagrass).  Now I hope to find out who makes them (if still in business), but who can repair them would be of greater help!

Seagrass

« Reply #2 on: 11-Sep-21, 15:38 »
Victor they are no longer made BUT any one with competent fibreglass skills should be able to repair it for you.

I may know where the moulds are for the fairing, a bit of a secret but others on the forum may also know.

Seagrass

Victor459

« Reply #3 on: 11-Sep-21, 23:24 »
Thanks once more Seagrass

Onetrack

« Reply #4 on: 12-Sep-21, 07:37 »
The moulds still exist! I recently, about 2 years ago, purchased a fairing via Fleabay, no metal work.  Will look up the details and let you know.

Victor459

« Reply #5 on: 12-Sep-21, 23:10 »
Most grateful Onetrack!

Onetrack

« Reply #6 on: 13-Sep-21, 07:22 »
This is a current ad on fleabay by the onetime maker of Stremliner fairings, I have asked him if he still has the mound.  Will let you know the reply.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264697538794?hash=item3da133e8ea%3Ag%3AF2IAAOSwPjNekv3i&LH_ItemCondition=3

Be aware these came on rare occasions with a round headlight opening also the indicators are a BMW fitting that is not well made.

bahn88

« Reply #7 on: 13-Sep-21, 13:36 »
The same seller is selling "la parisienne replicas"....many of the "frog" found their way onto CXs in the 80's
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261957105974

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/263140712778?hash=item3d4468a14a:g:8~kAAOSw9EZZjrVj

Onetrack

« Reply #8 on: 13-Sep-21, 13:38 »
A reply came - Sorry, no

Dragonstaff

« Reply #9 on: 13-Sep-21, 18:17 »
I have a 'Universal fairing mounting bracket' that was produced in the eighties, that came in a pile of stuff from Rooray that included the molds for the Cyclestyle 'Shadow' fairing that also looks good on a CX Shadow.

There are about fourteen of these bracket kits I have put together, and I am happy to part with one or several.

I still have to repair the molds though, but it has only been six or seven years. Can't rush these things...

Seagrass

« Reply #10 on: 13-Sep-21, 19:22 »
That is the mould that I was thinking of obviously not the streamliner fairing mould that was in my memory.

Seagrass

bahn88

« Reply #11 on: 14-Sep-21, 16:05 »
 2tongue I'm trying to think back to the Cycle-style...was it just the lowers which were CX specific? Are the tops "universal"? (If universal exists...lol... I was once told universal means dont fit anything.. happy0007.).

If the fairings come to fruition...I'll put me hand up...but needs to be before 2030. Whip  :unsure:

Dragonstaff

« Reply #12 on: 14-Sep-21, 21:33 »
2tongue I'm trying to think back to the Cycle-style...was it just the lowers which were CX specific? Are the tops "universal"? (If universal exists...lol... I was once told universal means dont fit anything.. happy0007.).

If the fairings come to fruition...I'll put me hand up...but needs to be before 2030. Whip  :unsure:

I have a CX with one on it. I will get a pic in the next day or two (when I have a few moments to uncover it) if you would like.

bahn88

« Reply #13 on: 15-Sep-21, 10:39 »
I remember the Cycle-style Brand...the shape I think was similar to the La Parisiennne..(the top portion at least...or I might be getting the brands mixed up...)

Your pic will help....(no hurry)

Dragonstaff

« Reply #15 on: 17-Oct-21, 12:51 »
I have a CX with one on it. I will get a pic in the next day or two (when I have a few moments to uncover it) if you would like.

Better late than never. It has only been a month...

bahn88

« Reply #16 on: 18-Oct-21, 12:53 »
These days (of lockdowns   and slow boats...) a month is only a short-wait 2wink

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal