Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: Club Rego - Sydney  (Read 160 times)

wmmason

Club Rego - Sydney
« Started on: 24-Aug-21, 08:50 »
Hi All,

I'm finally getting the stage on my CX where i can consider getting it registered.

I live in Sydney inner west suburbs, are there any members who live nearby and can recommend a good club for registering the bike? I was considering Rising Sun in Newtown.

Also, would be great to go on some club rides with members of this forum.

Cheers

Will

Seagrass

Re: Club Rego - Sydney
« Reply #1 on: 24-Aug-21, 10:45 »
Will I live out in the North West of Sydney so cannot answer your question as such. The VJMC club has multiple sub groups in Sydney so one of those may suit you.

Please be aware that most if not all clubs require you to be a member for some time before they allow you to register a vehicle on "club plates" and they often also require you to be an active member (attending meetings and rides etc). The club I belong to requires 12 months active membership before you can apply for club rego.

The other big thing these days is that any "non-period" modifications that are not safety related typically excludes the vehicle from "club plates" and requires the vehicle to be registered under the "modified vehicle" class. Most Cafe racer modifications are typically included in this group.   

Good luck with your search and enjoy the ride.

Seagrass

wmmason

Re: Club Rego - Sydney
« Reply #2 on: 24-Aug-21, 10:51 »
Hey Seagrass,

Thanks for the information, i'll keep that in mind!

OK thats good to know. I will contact rising sun and see if they require a membership duration prior to club rego.

We're locked down in sydney for the next month (atleast!) or so anyway, but though i'd try and find a club in the meant time.

Thanks again, appreciate it!

Will

Website and forum protected by
┬áSTOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal