Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: TC slipping out of 2nd  (Read 142 times)

dangerous

TC slipping out of 2nd
« Started on: 29-Jul-21, 17:18 »
I don't know if this is a thing or not... but does the CX in this case a TC have a known issue with dropping out of 2nd back into neutral?
Iv never had it on any other CX's but theres a bell ringing in the back of my head...

Seagrass

Re: TC slipping out of 2nd
« Reply #1 on: 29-Jul-21, 17:28 »
This can happen, especially if you do a “quick” change into second rather than a “positive” change.

Back off on the throttle, clutch in, engage second, slight pause and then clutch out with throttle on.

Have you found the “false neutral” between fourth and fifth yet? Only happens occasionally.

Seagrass

CX PHREAK

« Reply #2 on: 29-Jul-21, 17:44 »
Mine aren't turbos ... but the issue doesn't seem confined to the turbos.

I find this in most CXs.

What works for me on the 1 - 2 change is to pull the clutch, give the bike a small rev and make the change as the revs drop.

I've never had one throw itself back into neutral doing this under any throttle input.

joethebike

« Reply #3 on: 29-Jul-21, 20:54 »
My 500 is the same so if the change to second is not deliberate it can jump out of second to neutral.

dangerous

« Reply #4 on: 31-Jul-21, 15:01 »
rode it today and no issues, was concerned it was the oil I just put in it ENI 10/60 fully syn...

Willy

« Reply #5 on: 11-Aug-21, 17:20 »
Do some research on oil, I don't think synthetic works that well in these bikes. I only ever use Castrol active 4

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

Puggle
SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal