Puggle

A A A A Author Topic: No go...  (Read 143 times)

dangerous

No go...
« Started on: 21-Jun-21, 16:40 »
Ok so I have my own idea but wana see if these gurus think the same.
Fires up on one pot only, runs for a few moments then carbons up and stops
one plug clean and dry the other sotty
2nd try opposite pot fires and the other didn't

bike has sat but was apparently running last week (i bought it this week)
drained the tank, cleaned tank filter
pump pushes
return line week flow...

Seagrass

Re: No go...
« Reply #1 on: 21-Jun-21, 17:37 »
You need to download the workshop manual and EFI manual and follow the troubleshooting in the manual. The troubleshooting is very comprehensive and will point you in the correct direction.

Having said this, the first thing I would be doing is testing the NE Sensors (info in the workshop manual) as these send the signal to the CDI unit which in turn fires the spark plugs.

Having owned a turbo for around 12 years and doing all the work myself I can advise that these bikes are complex in their design but typically only suffer from fairly simple problems and once you have the correct resources (workshop manuals), looking after them is fairly easy.

Seagrass

dangerous

« Reply #2 on: 21-Jun-21, 18:35 »
cheers man... all info is good info

Mins Man

« Reply #3 on: 22-Jun-21, 11:49 »
Which one relates to turbo troubleshooting Cephas?
I also have a one cylinder turbo but don't particularly want to download everything.

dangerous

« Reply #4 on: 22-Jun-21, 15:59 »
When I bought mine the 1st time round it had 5000k on it, the fuel filter blocked thus the ECU thinking it was running lean so richened it up to the extent it would go into limp mode (runs on one pot only) but the fuel system light would lighten up... Im not getting that this time round.

Seagrass

« Reply #5 on: 22-Jun-21, 17:29 »
@Mins Man  You need to download “Group 4” which is 303 megabytes

Seagrass

Mins Man

« Reply #6 on: 23-Jun-21, 13:56 »
Thanks very much Cephas, but do I really have to get a WinRAR licence?

Seagrass

« Reply #7 on: 23-Jun-21, 15:07 »
No you do not need to purchase anything. There are free versions available for all types of file compression.

If you can’t work it out send me your postal address and I can send you the files on CD or DVD or USB.

Seagrass

joethebike

« Reply #8 on: 23-Jun-21, 16:56 »
I have a genuine Honda CX 500 Turbo printed manual that I will never use so it's free to a good home for the postage cost, but considering the size and weight will cost a bit.
I'm on the Sunshine Coast.

Joe

Mins Man

« Reply #9 on: 23-Jun-21, 19:36 »
No worries Cephas. A phone call to my son sorted it. He told me to ignore the request to sign up.
Very generous of you Joe, but I should be able to find out the problem from the online one and then I can unload the bike.

Website and forum protected by
 STOP FORUM SPAM     Bad Behavior     Let's Encrypt

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal